Thread Closed

GB News (June 2021 - June 2023)

GB News presenter Ben Leo was posting about how he was having to go between Paddington and Westminster today because of the work going on in the main studio. He said something interesting, "...on the flip side Paddington is having a nice new studio refresh ready for next week". Sounds to me we won't see anything major other than new furniture and a paint job.

I think they could make the Paddington space look much better with some different furniture and some basic set changes.

They might struggle to fit that audience into the Westminster studio for Free Speech Nation.

(20-06-2024, 03:38 PM)Keith Wrote:  I'm sure they'll have one or more exclusive interviews with former and/or prospective MPs, who just happen to have/had shows on GB News. Providing they're being interviewed and not presenting then that should keep OFCOM happy.

Presumably all those rules go out the window again at 10pm on election night?

There’s nothing wrong with the Paddington studio that better furniture and decor couldn’t fix. It doesn’t need major surgery.

And lighting. Those cameras need way more lighting.

(20-06-2024, 03:38 PM)Keith Wrote:  I'm sure they'll have one or more exclusive interviews with former and/or prospective MPs, who just happen to have/had shows on GB News. Providing they're being interviewed and not presenting then that should keep OFCOM happy.

I'll be surprised if GBNews get anything extra over the same sorts of interviews they will be giving the BBC, ITV and Sky. School gyms aren't conducive to anything more and GBNews wouldn't have the resources for it anyway.

I think GBNews' election night will be very similar to their by-election coverage considering they seemed to use them as GE dry-runs. Expect their usual assortment of right wing podcasters and columnists, with GBNews' for-balance regulars of Aaron Bastani of Novara Media, the bloke who used to run LabourList, Michael Crick etc.. I would expect it to be very similar on a technical level to LBC's previous GE coverage, which is to say pretty starved of the resources to cover such a thing, but decent enough owing to the encyclopedic knowledge of the presenters (like them or not, Iain Dale and Tom Harwood are both endless wells of GE facts).

(21-06-2024, 11:31 PM)Jon Wrote:  They might struggle to fit that audience into the Westminster studio for Free Speech Nation.

The company that organises the tickets for Free Speech Nation (as well as a load of other TV shows) sent out an email on Tuesday offering tickets to a Wednesday pre-recording. The Paddington space is actually very well sized, it could quickly be improved by just getting rid of the dark Ikea furniture, random le creuset, and Habitat, and replacing it with practically anything else.

From the email:
"This weeks episode will be recorded during the afternoon of Wednesday 19th June, as the studio will be closed on Sunday 23rd June, and shown on that date."

According to this Tweet, there will also be new graphics from Monday too:
x.com 

Just saw a bit of the Mark Dolan Show, and it looked very basic, squeezed into that small studio and I was amazed they managed to squeeze in three guests into the studio.

I wonder how different their Paddington studio will look like on Monday?

(20-06-2024, 12:16 PM)freeview87 Wrote:  Still no word on the election night coverage?

www.gbnews.com 

It’s time to make election night fun again and as Nigel Farage takes on Keir Starmer and Rishi Sunak we'll be covering the night's events like no other broadcaster.

GB News invites you to join Patrick Christys and Michelle Dewberry for The GB News Election Night Watch Party live from Essex on Thursday 4th July, 9pm* - 6am.

9pm for the audience, 10pm for broadcast.

(22-06-2024, 11:05 PM)JMT1985 Wrote:  Just saw a bit of the Mark Dolan Show, and it looked very basic, squeezed into that small studio and I was amazed they managed to squeeze in three guests into the studio.

I wonder how different their Paddington studio will look like on Monday?

I assume it's the work of Erron Gordon, who must have been on a short term contract, as he's already left for the BBC.
Thread Closed

This is a Proactively Moderated Thread