The plantation looking building at Techwood was an old County Club that Ted Turner bought to house WTBS. Turner would launch CNN in the basement of the old Country Club in 1980.
x.com 

The third image in Christi's Instagram post shows a stage on the lawn in front of the former Country Club. Picture from Jason's tweet shown below.

[-] The following 1 user Likes EastCoast's post:
  • ginnyfan

Oh. I didn’t look at the other pictures. Hard to tell which building that stage is up against. Near the Mansion though (that’s what that original building is called).

No one would refer to it as a country club. It hasn’t been in what, almost 50 years? I think TBS was run out of there before CNN in 1980.
[-] The following 1 user Likes inletwindow's post:
  • EastCoast

(25-06-2024, 01:21 PM)mouseboy33 Wrote:  Something tells me that the "old timers" are seeing out their contracts or staying out of loyalty. Especially those presenters that have been in Atlanta for decades. Raised their children there and lives are clearly established there. Its hard to pick up and move all the way back to Australia or something. Its interesting all the defections they had a few years back. And CNNI hasnt really rebuilt their presenter or international correspondent line-up. So their global audience clearly isnt a priority. But they still want to have just enough people in the field to have the bare mimimum. But its certainly not like their golden days.

Yes, veterans like Michael Holmes and Rosemary Church have moved to US/Atlanta because of the CNN jobs they got, they started families there and lived most of their lives. I don't expect them to leave and move somewhere, for another gig, at this point in their lives.

Good point about recent departures that are not replaced with new hires. Hala was replaced by Isa, and now they even pulled out HK back into action, with Anna Corren clearly replacing Laila Harrak. Existing talent replacing old one. Surprised that Lynda Kinkade was not considered.

Regarding those photos, I love the look of that old Southern mansion. It's all so Gone with the Wind. Hopefully they the whole place the best possible way this week, since they will pull out all the stops for their debate coverage.
[-] The following 3 users Like ginnyfan's post:
  • EastCoast, oscillon, xlalonce

(25-06-2024, 04:38 PM)inletwindow Wrote:  Near the Mansion though (that’s what that original building is called).

For the life of me I couldn’t think of the word mansion earlier! Cheers!

Hopefully the overnight hours will get to do a night from the stage instead of the flagship broom cupboard.

I think I saw earlier that CNN US have their own version of CNNI's sponsored "Emirates Business Briefing", but sponsored by the online trading platform Plus500.

They are using the same graphics and background music, but the background image is horrible. I wish I had taken a screengrab.
[-] The following 1 user Likes bakamann's post:
  • oscillon

Seems weird that they would have a wrap over that stadium and not have it in there. Perhaps that stage outside is just for the hours and hours of coverage before and after?

Looks like 3p ET on Max is now branded as State of the Race instead of Newsroom.

And possibly replayed at 7pm? 7pm had recently been a live show.

That would mean from 7pm ET until the CNNI overnights start at 12am…. There’s just replays of shows that aired earlier in the day. 5 hours! In primetime.

I hope this is just a temporary schedule for Max.
[-] The following 1 user Likes inletwindow's post:
  • oscillon

(26-06-2024, 12:01 AM)inletwindow Wrote:  Looks like 3p ET on Max is now branded as State of the Race instead of Newsroom.
This week 3pm ET hour indeed uses State of The Race intro and Jim Sciutto names is as "State of the Race" on-air, despite the NEWSROOM aston in the bottom right corner and preceding anchors (Isa/Richard) calling it Newsroom as well at the end of Isa Soares Tonight.

Here is a little background about the move from The old Techwood Country Club to CNN Center. Wild.

www.youtube.com 

First CNN broadcast from CNN Center
www.youtube.com 

First Headline News broadcast from CNN Center
youtu.be 

Impressive set for the CNN Debate:

www.cnn.com 

This can’t be Studio H, right? The set looks too tall to fit there. If they aren’t in H, why did they remove the sofa and why haven’t they been broadcasting from H for the past few days?
[-] The following 1 user Likes EastCoast's post:
  • oscillon