(27-06-2024, 07:17 AM)ginnyfan Wrote:  Paula Newton is in NY broom cupboard this morning/overnight.
Yep, and they used a dark blue New York background for the overnight (same color scheme as in Atlanta).
postimg.cc 

Not sure if they've done it before - they usually have just one Newsroom-styled background for a city, and it was a light blue one for NY (as seen in the 11am hour with Rahel Solomon).

(25-06-2024, 04:17 PM)EastCoast Wrote:  The plantation looking building at Techwood was an old County Club that Ted Turner bought to house WTBS. Turner would launch CNN in the basement of the old Country Club in 1980.
x.com 

The third image in Christi's Instagram post shows a stage on the lawn in front of the former Country Club. Picture from Jason's tweet shown below.

I'd often wondered about the location of CNN's doomsday video, but now I know.
jalopnik.com 

(27-06-2024, 07:17 AM)ginnyfan Wrote:  Something that hasn't happened in decades, probably since the last time they did election coverage from CNN Center which was in early 2000s, I think.

Also, this could be the last time Atlanta sees this much action.

If Studio H doesn't get any usage, for all of these shows coming to Atlanta today, then it truly is a total waste of space.

Paula Newton is in NY broom cupboard this morning/overnight.

They had election coverage from CNN Center once in the 2010s. Maybe 2011 or 2012? I forget exactly when or for what but I remember it being in Studio 7.

CNN News Central comes from the studio in Atlanta - presumably Studio H?
postimg.cc 

UPD: A bit wider screengrab, with the correspondent in studio:
postimg.cc 

Background behind the guest in the studio:
postimg.cc 

Wide shot of CNN Spin room, where later today correspondents will interview both campaigns
postimg.cc 
[-] The following 1 user Likes oscillon's post:
  • EastCoast

Everything they've used so far looks better than what they do with Studio H. Not sure where News Central is, maybe the virtual part of that studio?

i.postimg.cc 

i.postimg.cc 

i.postimg.cc 

i.postimg.cc 

i.postimg.cc 
[-] The following 2 users Like ginnyfan's post:
  • EastCoast, oscillon

(27-06-2024, 12:23 PM)ginnyfan Wrote:  Not sure where News Central is, maybe the virtual part of that studio?
I would not call the second part "virtual", it's supposed to have real LED walls in it - but looks like it is in the second part of Studio H!

They gave us a couple of really nice wide shots there in the first hour, and from what I see the two vertical delimiters behind the anchors seem physical - just like in the plans of the second part of Studio H where there are 3 separate screens on the background wall, two of them quite narrow.

And here are the plans from NewscastStudio, the proportions (and the stripes on the floor) seem to match:
www.newscaststudio.com 
Web Image

[-] The following 4 users Like oscillon's post:
  • EastCoast, ginnyfan, matthieu1221, mouseboy33

(27-06-2024, 12:09 PM)oscillon Wrote:  CNN News Central comes from the studio in Atlanta - presumably Studio H?
postimg.cc 

UPD: A bit wider screengrab, with the correspondent in studio:
postimg.cc 

Background behind the guest in the studio:
postimg.cc 

Wide shot of CNN Spin room, where later today correspondents will interview both campaigns
postimg.cc 

Walkaround of the spin room yesterday on Outfront.
edition.cnn.com 

It's a very big space!

Nice to finally see the other side of Studio H. Combined with the outdoor “College GameDay” set I’ve really been enjoying the Atlanta output. Maybe some of these anchors should stay in town!

Also noticed a New York Newsroom camera position. Has this been featured before?

[-] The following 1 user Likes EastCoast's post:
  • oscillon

Not sure which studios that is in Atlanta. Certainly doesn’t look the studio H I’ve seen. But who knows. Maybe dressed differently or a diff section of it…. Or another studio temporarily converted.

So — the “spin room” will be at that GA Tech stadium — that’s the building with the giant wraparound CNN debate logo on it now.

That’s not on the Techwood campus itself, but it’s directly across the street (10th st). That would be pretty easy to get to from the studios.

The BBC and Sky (the latter is a simulcast of the NBC feed, whereas the former just seems to be a straight simulcast of CNN’s feed) have both announced that they will be simulcasting the debate tonight.