HM Queen Elizabeth Dies & Funeral Coverage

BBC Radio news special coming to an end at midnight according to James Naughtie.

EDIT: BBC Local Radio, Radio 1, 1Xtra and 6 Music taking Radio 5 Live. Radio 2, 4 and 4Extra sharing a separate programme. Radio 3 playing classical music.
[-] The following 1 user Likes James Vertigan's post:
  • Toby brown

ITV News have 6 hours of their coverage up on YouTube, the death announcement is around 90 minutes in:

www.youtube.com 

ITV now with a documentary until 6am, 6 hours long apparently.

What does that say about a channel if it scares fish? Just talk me through that.

Genuinely fascinating to see these obit docs being rolled out after years of being on the shelf. C5's one (which the EPG suggests lasts 10 hours?!) has featured Gyles Brandreth and Ann Widdecombe looking about ten years younger than they currently do.

Jon Snow looks a bit younger on the C4 one too.

youtu.be 

Not an especially smooth delivery, it has to be said.

Prime Video's tennis coverage started with a short tribute and statements from the USTA and AELTC. Rather sombre mood to it and not the hype there would normally be before semi-finals.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sky News announcement of the death of the Queen

youtu.be 

GB News is still live past midnight with Patrick Christys.

A few other bits and pieces I don't think we've posted clips of:

Channel 4 announcing the Queen's death: www.youtube.com 

Channel 5 announcing the Queen's death: www.youtube.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes Clean Feed's post:
  • Meteor

Thanks to everyone posting clips of how other channels broke the news, and may they continue. For obvious reasons I've stuck with BBC for this historic event. May I also add my sympathies to the the royal family at this time.
[-] The following 2 users Like JayCasey's post:
  • bkman1990, Superman1986

As regards the shopping channels, QVC have updated their slide to refer to "yesterday's sad news". TJC were on air earlier, but have come back off again. Gemporia's channels are off, and even TV Warehouse has decided to stop, despite their entirely recorded content.

The only shopping channels (barring the infomercial kind) running are the Hochanda-owned Create and Craft and Craft Extra.