TV Social Media Pres Gold

Wow, that’s brought back a lot of memories for me, especially the Christmas Beehive Bedlam soundtrack! What a great find!
[-] The following 1 user Likes fanoftv's post:
  • Tola

(18-07-2023, 08:22 PM)Tola Wrote:  I've mentioned on this thread before about the former Sky interactive service "Open Games" which ran on Sky Digital in it's early years (via Open and later as it's own dedicated section).

I managed to find a few more rare stuff from it around the past month:
youtu.be 
youtu.be 
If only there was a way to emulate those old games. They're basically lost media now.Sad
[-] The following 2 users Like JAS84's post:
  • Critique, Roger Darthwell

(21-07-2023, 03:27 PM)JAS84 Wrote:  If only there was a way to emulate those old games. They're basically lost media now.Sad
A Denki worker has actually made an emulator for some of the old Denki games and they're playable with keyboard and have considered support for the old Sky Gamepads.

Someone has also developed a web menu similar in vein to both Sky Games and the old Open menu.
stb-gaming.github.io 

stb-gaming.github.io 
[-] The following 3 users Like Allanbuzzy's post:
  • Nobby, Roger Darthwell, Tola

(21-07-2023, 05:02 PM)Allanbuzzy Wrote:  A Denki worker has actually made an emulator for some of the old Denki games and they're playable with keyboard and have considered support for the old Sky Gamepads.

Someone has also developed a web menu similar in vein to both Sky Games and the old Open menu.
stb-gaming.github.io 
stb-gaming.github.io 
Those links are 404 Not Found. Huh

A Central junction from 28th January 1986, with a couple of minor points of interest.

At 00:30, a coming next announcement from Paul Veyzey that over-runs slightly and crashes into the first advert of the break.

Also, at 04:00, a Central/Channel 4 cross-promotion that shows both idents forming up, and highlights (IMO) how similar they are in some ways.

Other features include a pre-recorded promo for the ice skating, featuring Helen Lloyd in the continuity booth, and an ITN News Report about the Challenger disaster.

youtu.be 

Credit: ADC Television Collection - YouTube

THE NEXT POST FOLLOWS SHORTLY…
[-] The following 3 users Like Si-Co's post:
  • lookoutwales, Roger Darthwell, Spencer

I always assumed that the similarity was not an accident on Central's part
[-] The following 1 user Likes Steve in Pudsey's post:
  • Si-Co

Seen the latter part of that junction before through Neil Miles' channel - a bit of a mood whiplash coming out of that ITN update and into the upbeat cross-promo.

Quite a curious point in Central's Pres history as the first Cake package had been on air for a few months but IVC links were still being done separately (Ted May and Paul Veysey never appeared in-vision, did they?)

I think Transdiffusion noted there was an industrial dispute around this time which meant all OOV continuity came from Birmingham while Nottingham handled the in-vision pres.
[-] The following 1 user Likes lookoutwales's post:
  • Roger Darthwell

(22-07-2023, 09:07 AM)lookoutwales Wrote:  Quite a curious point in Central's Pres history as the first Cake package had been on air for a few months but IVC links were still being done separately (Ted May and Paul Veysey never appeared in-vision, did they?)

Paul Veysey was an in-vision continuity announcer on HTV West in the mid to late 70s
[-] The following 1 user Likes Wrekin Havoc's post:
  • lookoutwales

Here's a clip of the rare 1988 Tyne Tees clock from the "Flowing Rivers" era (at around 3:29):
[-] The following 1 user Likes Michael Kenchington's post:
  • Si-Co

The transmission controller's just discovered the centre wipe and they're gonna make as much use of it as possible