TV Social Media Pres Gold

How the 1980's BBC One o Clock News titles were made:

www.flickr.com 
[-] The following 4 users Like Stooky Bill's post:
  • London Lite, lookoutwales, The Decimator, Tim G

More models that probably know what to do with Smile

Although I suppose if you couldn't tell it was a model and it looks like it was CGI, then that's a good thing. I guess?
Not uncommon though for a lot of presentation even into IIRC the 2000s, and if it could have been a model it probably was.
[-] The following 2 users Like Neil Jones's post:
  • lookoutwales, The Decimator

(28-08-2023, 11:41 AM)Neil Jones Wrote:  More models that probably know what to do with Smile

Although I suppose if you couldn't tell it was a model and it looks like it was CGI, then that's a good thing.  I guess?
Not uncommon though for a lot of presentation even into IIRC the 2000s, and if it could have been a model it probably was.
In 1986 it certainly wouldnt have been CG, even today it's often easier just to make and film something than create it totally on a computer

I suppose there are some things that just work better as models. CG makes a lot of stuff look quite flat, especially when its done on a budget.

Another awesome find from the great Neil Miles!
www.youtube.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes Roger Darthwell's post:
  • London Lite

So that “Showbiz UK” programme that the clip of Andi Peters burning his lips on a plasma screen comes from, was a Granada Talk TV programme! Wasn’t he an LWT executive or head of department at that time? Presenting The Noise? Not sure why he’d want to be presenting on a little watched cable channel.

[Image: 1592580878_1869298444.svg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes VMPhil's post:
  • Roger Darthwell

Think I spotted Matt Allwright on the Granada Talk TV video posted.
[-] The following 1 user Likes London Lite's post:
  • Roger Darthwell

www.youtube.com 

The Television Show - 1987 - taking a relativiely brief BTS look at continuity and Presentation
[-] The following 2 users Like dbl's post:
  • Roger Darthwell, The Decimator

(28-08-2023, 11:03 PM)VMPhil Wrote:  So that “Showbiz UK” programme that the clip of Andi Peters burning his lips on a plasma screen comes from, was a Granada Talk TV programme! Wasn’t he an LWT executive or head of department at that time? Presenting The Noise? Not sure why he’d want to be presenting on a little watched cable channel.
In charge of music and youth programming, apparently.

I didn't think he'd had done much in that role besides The Noise (IIRC, that did spawn off a couple of one-off teatime specials after it finished) but he also produced An Audience with the Spice Girls and Train 2 Win, CITV's Gladiators spin-off.

Then, he was off to Channel 4 to launch T4 (around the same he was also presenting The Weekend Show for LWT on Friday evenings)
[-] The following 1 user Likes lookoutwales's post:
  • Roger Darthwell

(28-08-2023, 09:34 PM)Roger Darthwell Wrote:  Another awesome find from the great Neil Miles!
www.youtube.com 

Largely produced in the 10th floor studio, possibly the most productive/cost effective studio of them all in terms of television hours produced.
[-] The following 2 users Like Bluecortina's post:
  • lookoutwales, Roger Darthwell