Thread Closed

BBC News Pres: 2022 - Present

Real shame, as others have said, always had a very warm, genial and approachable tone. Real missed opportunity if they haven't included him on the merged channel - would do very well I think as a political reporter-presenter - was very impressed last autumn with the way he covered UK political developments during evening simulcasts, smoothly fitting in explanations of how things worked for international viewers without it sticking out.
[-] The following 12 users Like DTV's post:
  • AIB01WB, AJB39, bkman1990, Kojak, MLehon, oscillon, Plutobug, Quantum+83, Roger Darthwell, Telefunken, Tsigriwa, UTVLifer

Shaun Ley off to radio presenting according to this tweet:

twitter.com 
[-] The following 10 users Like CF1's post:
  • AJB39, bkman1990, GalxiSprout, oscillon, Plutobug, Quantum+83, Rolling News, Stuart, thePineapple, UTVLifer

(02-04-2023, 02:13 PM)CF1 Wrote:  Shaun Ley off to radio presenting according to this tweet:

twitter.com 
Gosh, Shortsgate! Only these forums could make such a big deal over a newscaster wearing shorts.  Cool
[-] The following 3 users Like Kojak's post:
  • bkman1990, CF1, UTVLifer

At least we got the trademark Shaun on air sneeze, yesterday. Big Grin

Good to hear he's back to radio but it's the TV viewers loss really....
[-] The following 6 users Like ginnyfan's post:
  • AIB01WB, bkman1990, Jayesyn, Plutobug, Telefunken, UTVLifer

(02-04-2023, 09:21 AM)chris Wrote:  Video won’t load for me but didn’t they updated that sting four years ago with the new lower thirds?
Yes they did, and due to usual BBC inconsistency they still used it today for in-studio display graphics
[Image: image.png]
As you can see, in the tweaked version shown yesterday there were no circular forms, just red mass sliding from below with a horizontal delimiter.

UPD. Also during 5pm hour intro the catwalk screens were switched off for some reason (may be the tech team planned to put a "BREAKING" there, too, but failed?).
[Image: image.png]
At 6pm they were OK and showing globes. Anyway, World does not use this catwalk on weekends much.
[-] The following 5 users Like oscillon's post:
  • bkman1990, chris, Newsroom, Quantum+83, UTVLifer

We haven't really had any confirmation either way, but surprised it hasn't been noted that - at least according to some assumptions - we might just have had our last bulletin from the 2013 Studio E set. Though, given the lack of mention by anybody, I suspect this indicates network may stay a little longer.
[-] The following 3 users Like DTV's post:
  • bkman1990, oscillon, UTVLifer

(02-04-2023, 03:30 PM)ginnyfan Wrote:  At least we got the trademark Shaun on air sneeze, yesterday. Big Grin

He’d be good on the Today programme, i reckon.  Much better than Mr Obsequious himself, Amol Rajan.

(02-04-2023, 07:21 PM)Kojak Wrote:  
(02-04-2023, 03:30 PM)ginnyfan Wrote:  At least we got the trademark Shaun on air sneeze, yesterday. Big Grin

He’d be good on the Today programme, i reckon.  Much better than Mr Obsequious himself, Amol Rajan.
Don't sully the thread with that name.

An expenditure beyond comprehension! That hire. retainer shatters my imagination.
[-] The following 2 users Like Newsroom's post:
  • bkman1990, Kojak

www.youtube.com 
[-] The following 6 users Like ginnyfan's post:
  • bkman1990, Jimbo2022, oscillon, Quantum+83, Roger Darthwell, UTVLifer

(02-04-2023, 07:19 PM)DTV Wrote:  We haven't really had any confirmation either way, but surprised it hasn't been noted that - at least according to some assumptions - we might just have had our last bulletin from the 2013 Studio E set. Though, given the lack of mention by anybody, I suspect this indicates network may stay a little longer.

Well tonight’s network news is from B maybe that was the last time.
[-] The following 2 users Like harshy's post:
  • bkman1990, Ste
Thread Closed