Thread Closed

BBC News Pres: 2022 - Present

(09-10-2022, 08:18 PM)Radio_man Wrote:  Jane Hill has posted on twitter that The Film Review is also ending this coming Friday

twitter.com 
There’ll be no point in watching this empty shell of a News Channel soon. Dateline was one thing, The 15 min Film Review - what the actual F is going on there?

You’d think Turness with all her experience and knowledge would have looked at it more closely than Davie! Appalled!
[-] The following 5 users Like Newsroom's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, ginnyfan, Roger Darthwell, thePineapple

(09-10-2022, 08:30 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  
(09-10-2022, 08:18 PM)Radio_man Wrote:  Jane Hill has posted on twitter that The Film Review is also ending this coming Friday

twitter.com 
There’ll be no point in watching this empty shell of a News Channel soon. Dateline was one thing, The 15 min Film Review - what the actual F is going on there?

You’d think Turness with all her experience and knowledge would have looked at it more closely than Davie! Appalled!
The BBC News Channel is going to cease to exist next year because of the merger with BBC World News. This is exactly why the BBC News Channel is becoming an empty shell, it's because they are prepairing for the merger

(09-10-2022, 08:32 PM)Roger Darthwell Wrote:  

twitter.com 

The BBC News Channel is going to cease to exist next year because of the merger with BBC World News. This is exactly why the BBC News Channel is becoming an empty shell, it's because they are prepairing for the merger
Yea I know, it’s utterly saddening the way they are picking it apart before the merger. Like seagulls picking at a rotting carcass!
[-] The following 3 users Like Newsroom's post:
  • bkman1990, Roger Darthwell, UTVLifer

Am I just wildly speculating here, or does the fact that these programmes are all coming to an end at the same time not suggest that we are about to move into the 'interim' stage of the merger? I.e. if the new channel is being launched with a new set next spring, I would expect these changes signify that the News Channel will be moving to its temporary accommodation (which I suspect is Studio D) very soon.
[-] The following 3 users Like DTV's post:
  • bkman1990, Roger Darthwell, UTVLifer

(09-10-2022, 09:58 PM)DTV Wrote:  Am I just wildly speculating here, or does the fact that these programmes are all coming to an end at the same time not suggest that we are about to move into the 'interim' stage of the merger? I.e. if the new channel is being launched with a new set next spring, I would expect these changes signify that the News Channel will be moving to its temporary accommodation (which I suspect is Studio D) very soon.

I see it more as the first stages of the News Channel being wound down, along with the increases in simulcasting recently. The Papers is probably next for the chop.
I suspect it won't be long before the only separate hours are Monday - Friday 9 - 10am and 11am - 6pm, with all other hours and all weekend simulcast. 

Although have the final plans for the merged channel even been agreed with the unions yet? Or is it a foregone conclusion now?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Radio_man's post:
  • UTVLifer

I was always hoping World would get The Film Review as well. Now, no one's gonna get it....
[-] The following 2 users Like ginnyfan's post:
  • bkman1990, UTVLifer

twitter.com 

Maybe she has, and maybe that’s why it’s going. Let’s be honest - a film review doesn’t really fit on a news channel. 

I think it is a huge insult to those creating the high quality content for rest of the channel (that will still exist once film reviews etc have gone) to refer to it as an empty shell, but that’s just me.
[-] The following 1 user Likes all new phil's post:
  • Former Member 406

The Film Review is of course one of the programmes that Breakfast uses to help fill its weekend editions.

If more and more of these kinds of "back half hour" type programmes (e.g. Click, The Travel Show, etc) keep getting the chop, then might weekend Breakfast have to become pure live news (just like weekday editions) rather than containing such "padding"?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Former Member 406's post:
  • UTVLifer

Is the NC 8pm cast axed? The schedule reveals Outside Source will be extended once again starting tonight…

(09-10-2022, 11:31 PM)all new phil Wrote:  

twitter.com 

Maybe she has, and maybe that’s why it’s going. Let’s be honest - a film review doesn’t really fit on a news channel. 

I think it is a huge insult to those creating the high quality content for rest of the channel (that will still exist once film reviews etc have gone) to refer to it as an empty shell, but that’s just me.

Words borrowed from various presenters, producers and correspondents who've left, forced out or moved elsewhere. There is nothing disrespectful about it at all though of course this is your own personal take on it. 

Surely it's far more disrespectful for the teams that have worked on shows such as Dateline and the Film review for decades that have lost their roles?
[-] The following 5 users Like Newsroom's post:
  • bkman1990, ginnyfan, Ma76, Roger Darthwell, Stuart
Thread Closed