BBC phasing out SD services on satellite in 2023

(24-01-2023, 12:45 PM)Spencer Wrote:  BBC One South HD is now on Sky (at least on my box anyway on 964).

I can’t see any sign of the nightlight BBC One service on my EPG, so it looks like it’ll only be available once your region has converted to HD. I know some had wondered if it’d appear in the 900s.

Nightlight BBC1 (SID 6425) is on 801 in South and Oxford.
And on 832 in ROI (SID 6491)
And 801 in NI (SID 6411)
[-] The following 3 users Like Jimbo2022's post:
  • bkman1990, London Lite, Spencer

Anyone else using Freesat in the BBC South East region have the "Moved" channel on 106 saying to turn to 101 for HD and regional programmes? I have, since Monday. 101 obviously has BBC One South East in SD as it hasn't switched  to HD yet. 101 has the 'Press Select for HD' prompt but this now goes to BBC One NI HD which is the first HD version of BBC One HD on the EPG, despite being in the 900s.

Does anyone have any idea what the difference is between the three different SIDS for Nightlight?

Nick Harvey
Carbuncle Corner - The Monstrous Lump on the World Wide Web

I’ve just seen someone on Twitter claiming that he’s got BBC One South HD on 101 on Sky, and still has national BBC One HD on 115. I wonder if anyone can verify this? Seems like a mistake if true.

(24-01-2023, 01:51 PM)Nick Harvey Wrote:  Does anyone have any idea what the difference is between the three different SIDS for Nightlight? Specifically, why are two BBC One (lower case ne) and one is BBC ONE (upper case NE)?
The whole transponder is the Nightlight. 

Not sure why there would be three for BBC1, but channels available in Ireland have seperate SIDs for each.

The Irish versions have no red button prompts, in case anyone was wondering.

(23-01-2023, 07:46 PM)SunburntRock89 Wrote:  Has anyone got a recording of what the final version of the new screen looks like?
Thanks to digitalbitrate.com

(24-01-2023, 02:50 PM)Spencer Wrote:  I’ve just seen someone on Twitter claiming that he’s got BBC One South HD on 101 on Sky, and still has national BBC One HD on 115. I wonder if anyone can verify this? Seems like a mistake if true.

Correct. Can confirm.
[-] The following 2 users Like Tim G's post:
  • bkman1990, Spencer

Confused me a bit when i saw BBC One South HD on 101 and National BBC One HD still on 115. Was expecting 115 to be empty or at least have BBC Three in there.

(24-01-2023, 04:10 PM)Bennyboy84 Wrote:  Confused me a bit when i saw BBC One South HD on 101 and National BBC One HD still on 115. Was expecting 115 to be empty or at least have BBC Three in there.

Maybe they're holding back BBC One HD in the regions that still don't have an regionalised HD channel yet, so that when the entire process is completed next month they can vacate 115 for BBC Three to be placed there in England and Wales. Scotland will be tricky given that BBC Scotland and Alba hold prominent EPG positions there.