BBC phasing out SD services on satellite in 2023

10818V 23000 has a channel there for BBC One London HD on the EPG. However the video feed is showing BBC Scotland HD.

(09-02-2023, 08:59 PM)bkman1990 Wrote:  10818V 23000 has a channel there for BBC One London HD on the EPG. However the video feed is showing BBC Scotland HD.

I'd go out on a limb then and say BBC Scotland HD is the one that has to change transponders ... again Big Grin

I have a feeling there might be technical difficulties with the 10788 V changes. The mux still appears to be off the air and the Sky changes have been moved from the 14th to the 15th, according to www.hdsatelliteupgrade.co.uk 

Nick Harvey
Carbuncle Corner - The Monstrous Lump on the World Wide Web

There's no way of adding the required BBC SD channels via Add Channels menus is there? They're not hidden are they, they're going for good?

(10-02-2023, 08:48 PM)Juicy Joe Wrote:  There's no way of adding the required BBC SD channels via Add Channels menus is there? They're not hidden are they, they're going for good?
The transponders are being emptied to make way for the next batch of regional HD channels each time a group switch.

The only SD channel to remain at the end of the process will be Nightlight.
[-] The following 3 users Like Stuart's post:
  • bkman1990, Former Member 406, Juicy Joe

(10-02-2023, 08:55 PM)Stuart Wrote:  
(10-02-2023, 08:48 PM)Juicy Joe Wrote:  There's no way of adding the required BBC SD channels via Add Channels menus is there? They're not hidden are they, they're going for good?
The transponders are being emptied to make way for the next batch of regional HD channels each time a group switch.

There's more than one channel staying in SD. The nightlight transponder will have one version of every BBC channel in SD, plus all the radios.

I think they're all on air now, some from the nightlight transponder, some from the existing transponder. So there's not much point in using 'Other Channels' The BBC1 SD nightlight channel is on the EPG in regions that have switched to HD, if it hasn't in your area and you're wanting to see it then that should be able to be manually added

10355 on 10818V 23000 has video tests showing BBC Four HD. Although the EPG data on it says "programmes starting at 6am".

10788 V change delay confirmed.

See rxtvinfo.com 

Nick Harvey
Carbuncle Corner - The Monstrous Lump on the World Wide Web
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nick Harvey's post:
  • harshy

If there was indeed a problem with the testing (and I realise it's a rumour and supposition), I'm wondering what it could be. Teething problems are expected for the first run but this would now be the fourth so you'd think the problems have been ironed out, and presumably they can verify 99% of it before they try to send it up to the satellite

(10-02-2023, 10:54 PM)Stooky Bill Wrote:  
(10-02-2023, 08:55 PM)Stuart Wrote:  The transponders are being emptied to make way for the next batch of regional HD channels each time a group switch.

There's more than one channel staying in SD. The nightlight transponder will have one version of every BBC channel in SD, plus all the radios.
I was referring specifically to there only being a single BBC One SD channel at the end of the process. Of course, BBCs Two/Three/Four etc will have similar nightlight channels.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Stuart's post:
  • Former Member 406