BBC News Pres: Nostalgia

(14-08-2023, 05:48 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  Would really like to find out who did come up with this set design. The BBC used a hell of a lot of wood deploying that set (in particular the desk) not only across the UK, but around the World with many incarnations over the years. It still exists in off camera bureaus such as NYC for example.
Well today is your lucky day. By total accident I found the designers late last night. Paul Mullins Associates. 

www.paulmullins.co.uk 
[-] The following 6 users Like KatsKaravan's post:
  • AaronLancs, AIB01WB, Newsroom, Stuart, The Decimator, xlalonce

(15-08-2023, 08:30 AM)KatsKaravan Wrote:  Well today is your lucky day. By total accident I found the designers late last night. Paul Mullins Associates. 

www.paulmullins.co.uk 

Oh wow! Thank you so much! It's been driving me around the bend!

Seeing this has jogged a memory that I have seen this before, pretty much as AaronLancs has. Thanks so much once again!.

(15-08-2023, 08:30 AM)KatsKaravan Wrote:  Well today is your lucky day. By total accident I found the designers late last night. Paul Mullins Associates. 

www.paulmullins.co.uk 

Now that is one hell of a motherlode there. Including one render I have never seen before. Good find.
[-] The following 4 users Like AaronLancs's post:
  • Newsroom, Quantum+83, Roger Darthwell, xlalonce

From searching virtual studio-era BBC News themes to this: A fascinating idea of wartime TV news, decades after the fact.

This channel has an entire playlist of the episodes, ranging from 1939 to 1945:
youtube.com 

And looking into it further turns out it's not the first time they're doing this! Would love to see it being done in modern graphics once more.
twitter.com 

Watch this space...
WestKnightTV - on DeviantArt
[-] The following 2 users Like W. Knight's post:
  • Roger Darthwell, Stuart

I'm sure it was done later too - possibly with Martyn Lewis.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brekkie's post:
  • W. Knight

(18-08-2023, 08:16 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  I'm sure it was done later too - possibly with Martyn Lewis.
You’re thinking of Dateline Jerusalem. Same concept but about the days leading up to
Jesus’ crucifixion and resurrection.
[-] The following 3 users Like KatsKaravan's post:
  • Brekkie, W. Knight, xlalonce

(18-08-2023, 10:45 PM)KatsKaravan Wrote:  You’re thinking of Dateline Jerusalem. Same concept but about the days leading up to
Jesus’ crucifixion and resurrection.

There was a similar one called "Bethlehem Year Zero" as well, on ITV. Again with Martyn Lewis

Bethlehem Year Zero aired during Christmas 1999 on ITV and this was followed at Easter 2000 with Dateline Jerusalem - these were done to celebrate the new millennium.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JMT1985's post:
  • KatsKaravan

Famous BBC gaffe guest wants to cash in on the internet fame. twitter.com 

Who is @Jaggy2409 and why should I trust them?