BBC News Pres: Nostalgia

(31-10-2023, 07:56 PM)Steve in Pudsey Wrote:  I'm guessing just one of those coincidences of library music?

Like the one at the very end of the UK Gold video Wink
[-] The following 1 user Likes James2001's post:
  • Steve in Pudsey

(31-10-2023, 07:56 PM)Steve in Pudsey Wrote:  Weekend 24 from October 1998, but that bed under the Coming Up sequence sounds very familiar

youtu.be 

Yep, it's the UK Gold ident used until the end of October 1997

youtu.be 

I'm guessing just one of those coincidences of library music?

And here's the track – Fusion, by Simon Stirling and Paula Riordan from the Music House library:

youtu.be 
[-] The following 4 users Like Spencer's post:
  • AndrewP, harshy, Roger Darthwell, Steve in Pudsey

(01-11-2023, 12:44 PM)Spencer Wrote:  And here's the track – Fusion, by Simon Stirling and Paula Riordan from the Music House library:

youtu.be 

Given that is production music and that the N24 era composers Kim Goody, Alan Coates & Dave Hewson (I believe) were known names to pop up in production music circles. Here is a question: Was the sound of 1997-1999 essentially a mix of the main core "station sound" and various miscellaneous library tracks filling out the rest of what was needed? Sorry to be a pain and ask.

Finally my video resource is back! Woo hoo!
Goodbye YouTube welcome back TV Ark fully.

Back to a point I've wanted to make for a few weeks.

A question I've always wanted to know. We all know how the original 1995-2003 break filler on BBC World worked with laserdiscs and computers and Ceefax but how did this one work? What were the mechanics behind it?

tvark.org 
[-] The following 5 users Like AaronLancs's post:
  • AndrewP, callumwatchestelly, Quantum+83, Roger Darthwell, Spencer

(08-11-2023, 10:35 AM)AaronLancs Wrote:  Finally my video resource is back! Woo hoo!
Goodbye YouTube welcome back TV Ark fully.

Back to a point I've wanted to make for a few weeks.

A question I've always wanted to know. We all know how the original 1995-2003 break filler on BBC World worked with laserdiscs and computers and Ceefax but how did this one work? What were the mechanics behind it?

tvark.org 
I can't see why it couldn't be a similar setup to the previous version - the video could be an overlay as well.
Quote:mdtauk31 October 2018 3:35pm ( How did they make the 2001 BBC World Breakfillers? - TV Forum )
The output from the video player fed into the graphics system, and text on a transparent background layed on top.

Otherwise, It could be fully CG this time?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Lewis's post:
  • AaronLancs

Not quite pres related, but I do sorta miss when newsreaders would do something for Children In Need.

m.youtube.com 
[-] The following 3 users Like Rolling News's post:
  • DE88, Quantum+83, Roger Darthwell

(17-11-2023, 10:56 PM)Rolling News Wrote:  Not quite pres related, but I do sorta miss when newsreaders would do something for Children In Need.

m.youtube.com 

That changed in 2013, with the closure of BBC Television Centre, the newsreaders moved to BBC Broadcasting House and Children in Need moved to BBC Elstree Studios - back before 2013, it was easy for them, as BBC News Centre was at BBC Television Centre.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JMT1985's post:
  • Rolling News

(17-11-2023, 11:44 PM)JMT1985 Wrote:  That changed in 2013, with the closure of BBC Television Centre, the newsreaders moved to BBC Broadcasting House and Children in Need moved to BBC Elstree Studios - back before 2013, it was easy for them, as BBC News Centre was at BBC Television Centre.

You know they don’t live in the newsroom right?
[-] The following 1 user Likes chris's post:
  • Manclad83

(18-11-2023, 12:21 AM)chris Wrote:  You know they don’t live in the newsroom right?

Listen, dont be a smart arse - reason being was that BBC News Centre at BBC Television Centre was handy to get newsreaders on duty that week and then that night to pop down the corridor to Studio TC1 was easier than getting them to travel from central London to Elstree - that is the reason given by the BBC for dropping the newsreaders

You wouldn’t have known it was Children in Need at Broadcasting House on Friday. There was absolutely nothing at all. TVC on CIN night was a very exciting place to work indeed and there was a real buzz about the place, as there was at regional sites when regional output was a core part of the programme. Quite sad to be honest.
[-] The following 7 users Like Deejay's post:
  • Brekkie, chaose, Pompeytv, Quantum+83, Roger Darthwell, Rxtx, UTVLifer