Brookside to Stream on STV Player

Poor Simon O'Brien. I'm surprised he didn't end up with a brain injury. I swear he gets a smack on the bonce at least once an episode!

Within a few years he'd be hallucinating fraggles...

Does anyone know why SkyQ have not added the extra 5 episodes released this week?

(22-02-2023, 12:18 PM)Alf Stewart Wrote:  Poor Simon O'Brien. I'm surprised he didn't end up with a brain injury. I swear he gets a smack on the bonce at least once an episode!

Kind of refreshing to see most things dealt with like that back then rather than become a moral lecture as soaps seem to do now.

I've made it to the New Year episodes - not sure I'll keep up with it from there but enjoyed what I've seen so far and the stripped back nature.    Obviously the cast builds up as the show goes on but really refreshing to have a cast of a dozen or so compare to the 60-70 soaps have now.   It's no surprise the audiences of today don't connect to the characters as much.

Was vaguey amusing to look at a storyline I remember from first time round, Mike and Lindsey being arrested for drug smuggling at Bangkok airport after Lindsey's ex set her up, and seeing the scenes supposedly at Bangkok are blatantly obviously filmed at Terminal 2 in Manchester with a few signs in Thai stuck up- a hell of a lot cheaper than actually going to Bangkok of course, but anyone who'd ever been to Manchester airport would recognise it straight away.

None of the supposed Thai characters in those episodes speak a single word either, would probably be strong Mancunian and Scouse accents coming from them if they did!
[-] The following 1 user Likes James2001's post:
  • The Decimator

I'm a Sky Q viewer. Just done a search for Brookside and it seems to have completely vanished (both voice and manual search). Simply says 'no matches found'

Anyone else having the same problem?

I've seen other comment similarly.

Is frustrating the STV Player doesn't seem to remember things from one device to another, and picking up from where you left off isn't that straight forward as it is - tends to be quicker to find the episode yourself than find the "continue watching" section.

I've made it through to episode 23 now - all still quite enjoyable and a perfect little time capsule of 1980s living at times. It's refreshing it is largely character led too, but of course the issues of unemployment, working environments and difficulty in conceiving are all there too. Maybe just feels more natural as they are common issues rather than the more extremes of drug dealing, serial killers and seemingly now pre-teenage pregnancy.

It doesn't seem to remember the episode you last watched even keeping using the same device, so you have to remember which was the last one you watched.

It feels like a very 'MVP' application at the moment, I hope more functionality is added to make it feel more like the VOD experience we expect from the major broadcasters and platforms.

I'm just super happy to have a managable way of enjoying this programme, even if I do need to keep track of where I am with it in my 'ed and live with the fact I'll only see the endcap once every 5 episodes.

[Image: signature.jpg]
chatps.com

(28-02-2023, 03:07 PM)Alf Stewart Wrote:  I'm a Sky Q viewer. Just done a search for Brookside and it seems to have completely vanished (both voice and manual search). Simply says 'no matches found'

Anyone else having the same problem?

I’ve got SkyQ and I can find the first 25 episodes - but anything after that is not on there. I can only find the episodes after number 25 on the STV Player app.