Brookside to Stream on STV Player

I'd guess that was always planned as Heather and Roger have been shown not to have a perfect relationship ever since they arrived.

For years I've been mixing up Silent Witness and Waking The Dead in my head, of course both shows have one of the original Brookside cast in.

(14-05-2023, 05:14 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  I'd guess that was always planned as Heather and Roger have been shown not to have a perfect relationship ever since they arrived.

I'm not convinced. Not long back there was that weird episode where Roger was away and seemingly all Heather and her mate could do was talk about what an amazing guy Roger was.

Same with Petra, they were clearly setting up a 'will they wont they' with her and Barry.

Nothing unrealistic about either of these situations of course, things can change fast, but from a narrative POV it feels rather like sharp turns losing both characters. Particularly when the soap was so young and they had so few characters to start with...

[Image: signature.jpg]
chatps.com

STV have added the episode titles to the first 30 episodes.

If those episode titles are official (and I presume they are, or someone's gone to a ridiculous effort of coming up with 2915 episode titles for an online episode guide), they don't appear on the VT clock on the episodes on the Screenocean website I linked to a while back- neither are the series numbers the online episode guides list (instead, the VT clocks use a "year X, episode X" where the year strangely seems to begin in October).

(20-05-2023, 10:45 PM)James2001 Wrote:  STV have added the episode titles to the first 30 episodes.

If those episode titles are official (and I presume they are, or someone's gone to a ridiculous effort of coming up with 2915 episode titles for an online episode guide), they don't appear on the VT clock on the episodes on the Screenocean website I linked to a while back- neither are the series numbers the online episode guides list (instead, the VT clocks use a "year X, episode X" where the year strangely seems to begin in October).

I don't think Brookside episodes ever had official titles. Certainly there were none given on the Memorable Moments DVD released a few years ago. The titles shown here are the ones that were used in the episode guide that was on the Brookside Soapbox site and will be reproduced on my new Brookside fan site - welovebrookside.co.uk (which I hopefully will be able to launch later this week after several delays). I think from memory the titles were based on a quote or words that were said by a character in the episode.
[-] The following 1 user Likes sjames's post:
  • Si-Co

The episodes have also now been labelled Season 1 and Season 2, with Season 2 randomly starting with Episode 47 (originally shown 12th April 1983).

THE NEXT POST FOLLOWS SHORTLY…

Again, like the episode names, the same as they were on the online episode guide- series 3 starts with episode 95.

So that'll cause confusion tomorrow with people looking for episode 91 and it filed as Series 2 Episode 45. Would probably be more logical to file them by year.

STV Player seems awful at flagging up the next episode you're due to watch too so will cause confusion for anyone working their way through it.
[-] The following 2 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • chrisdafur, Si-Co

I've been in a position last week, this week and next where I've been busy and fallen behind with episodes, so this new way of labelling episodes could really confuse things.
[-] The following 1 user Likes James2001's post:
  • Si-Co

And just like I thought would happen in the post above, started watching again after a few days of being too busy to, wasn't 100% sure where I left off and put on the wrong episode. I memorised the episode number in "old" terms, but but completly confused by the current episode numbers, and the fact the app doesn't let you know where you left off like many other streaming apps do.
[-] The following 3 users Like James2001's post:
  • Brekkie, chrisdafur, Clydeskye