Talk TV

(02-10-2023, 12:41 PM)lepeterrr Wrote:  All I can think right now is: why did they not do this from the start!!

££££££
[-] The following 1 user Likes telleyhead's post:
  • radiorebel

(02-10-2023, 11:07 AM)radiorebel Wrote:  Pleasantly surprised by talk so far today, I have found myself keeping it on in the background longer than I thought I would.

It’s amazing how much of a difference it makes to the shows actually doing them in a TV studio vs the simulcast of TalkRadio.

Nice music, nice graphics. Overall very good.

I now know what the titles remind me of...
www.youtube.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes mnlbay's post:
  • DeMarkay

And just like that… we are back to the visualised radio output with Kevin O’Sullivan.

A bit disappointing & disjointed. Opting out of the nice new studio output to the radio for 2 hours in the middle of the day. What’s the point?

(02-10-2023, 03:12 PM)radiorebel Wrote:  And just like that… we are back to the visualised radio output with Kevin O’Sullivan.

A bit disappointing & disjointed. Opting out of the nice new studio output to the radio for 2 hours in the middle of the day. What’s the point?
Staff limitations, no plans to move him for now.

(02-10-2023, 01:17 PM)telleyhead Wrote:  ££££££
Surely they've lost money since April 22?

(02-10-2023, 03:47 PM)lepeterrr Wrote:  Staff limitations, no plans to move him for now.
Not sure why having 3 fixed cameras in a TV studio would be any more difficult than having fixed cameras in radio studios. Although if the show was just going to mainly be a single shot the radio studio is arguably just as good as a TV studio.

(02-10-2023, 04:02 PM)Jon Wrote:  Not sure why having 3 fixed cameras in a TV studio would be any more difficult than having fixed cameras in radio studios. Although if the show was just going to mainly be a single shot the radio studio is arguably just as good as a TV studio.

It's not GB News, they have a full gallery and camera operators. It isn't automated.
[-] The following 2 users Like telleyhead's post:
  • DeMarkay, London Lite

(02-10-2023, 04:07 PM)telleyhead Wrote:  It's not GB News, they have a full gallery and camera operators. It isn't automated.
From what I know I think it works like this:
1 Cam Op for Host Cam
1/2 For the Jib
1 For another camera in studio
1 to control the 'guest' cameras remotely from gallery
1 floor manager
and the usual gallery staff

Then the sofa studio needs:
1 Cam Op
1 to control the remote cameras
1 Floor Manager
and the usual gallery staff.

When there were some odd Fridays in the studio they had a static jib and just a host cam moving, so that'd probably be the way Kevins show would go if it did move.

Pleasantly surprised by the changes to Talk TV today. As some have said above, it should've been this from the beginning. A shame Kevin is the only one still in the radio studio (I understand why, but perhaps they should have a desk in the second/sofa studio which could be used for one show).

I suppose the weekend shows, even the evening shows Saturday Night Talkaway and James Whale Unleashed, will continue to use the radio studio. I don't mind the radio studio tbh, it's the content which matters. I watched a bit of Talk Today this morning before work, and the presenters, graphics, studio & discussions all seemed to work really well.

This is a Proactively Moderated Thread