Channel 4 Pres: 2023 - Present

(26-05-2023, 12:51 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  They were fantastic - baffling they had the budget to do that for one night whilst the channel had second hand idents from the 90s and noneness was over on BBC1.
To me they looked like '2' ident concepts that never made it to air, but were bundled together to make the three or so Arts idents.

[Image: tig96x96.png]
[-] The following 2 users Like Andrew Wood's post:
  • Brekkie, insert_good_username_here

Since tonight’s news: Channel 4 hasn’t aired any VOs except for a pre-recorded sounding announcement for Gogglebox at 9.

Tech issues?

The new ECP is well designed, but it covers up half the credits! They've got all that empty space on the right side of the screen.

Find me on Twitter: @alfiejmulcahy

ECP bar (note how it covers some of the credits):
imgur.com 

Streaming now promo:
imgur.com 

What does that say about a channel if it scares fish? Just talk me through that.

(26-05-2023, 10:01 PM)alfiejmulcahy Wrote:  The new ECP is well designed, but it covers up half the credits! They've got all that empty space on the right side of the screen.

I'm sure we've seen the right hand side version in the various case studies released.   I assumed the bottom of the screen version was just for shows where they don't want to cover the picture.

(27-05-2023, 06:27 AM)Brekkie Wrote:  
(26-05-2023, 10:01 PM)alfiejmulcahy Wrote:  The new ECP is well designed, but it covers up half the credits! They've got all that empty space on the right side of the screen.

I'm sure we've seen the right hand side version in the various case studies released.   I assumed the bottom of the screen version was just fir shows where they don't want to cover the picture.
The right hand one has been used already during last night’s Simpsons episode.

New F1 ident aired before Monoco GP highlights.

www.tvhome.co.uk 

Odd to omit the logo.
[-] The following 5 users Like Allanbuzzy's post:
  • insert_good_username_here, Milkshake, RhysJR, Roger Darthwell, SlimyTrain

So much for bringing the blocks back together. Shows the concept has potential though.
[-] The following 6 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • Andrew Wood, insert_good_username_here, Jeff, Juicy Joe, orange, UTVLifer

(27-05-2023, 08:14 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  So much for bringing the blocks back together.  Shows the concept has potential though.
Might that have been a mistake? The logo might well be generated live, but they forgot to generate it this time. Good ident, though. Very late ‘90s LWT.

youtube.com 

Allanbuzzy Wrote:New F1 ident aired before Monoco GP highlights.

www.tvhome.co.uk 

Odd to omit the logo.
Wow, that really is poor.
[-] The following 3 users Like Spencer's post:
  • insert_good_username_here, UTVLifer, VMPhil