twitter.com 

CNN is officially moving from CNN after 35 years. They are relocating to Techwood.
www.adweek.com 

A true end of an era is approaching....

www.adweek.com 

Glad to see Pamela Brown gets Drew's old role, she will be a fantastic replacement. Going by the press release though, does it mean she is leaving her weekend show? Shame if that's the case as she is really good on there and just being left to being on cover.

Edit: Just read she is indeed leaving her weekend slot. That's disappointing but she will really deliver in her new role.

I hope CNN International gets a decent set at Techwood. The last iteration of Studio 7 combined with the gorgeous CNN Today backdrops (then to a lesser degree the recently retired CNN Newsroom ones) will remain one of the best in recent CNNi history.

www.youtube.com 

Here is a good example of the newsroom anchor wander that was started by CityPulse/CItyNews CITY-TV Toronto.....later seen in the 90s on Channel5 news. They anchor would move about the newsgather area to the desk of the different reporters or the sports section or health desk or the update desk. Could the new dayside CNN programming resemble something like this in a modernized format?

www.youtube.com 

As always, I' hoping for a return to a newsroom set, but it never happens.... Sad

(11-01-2023, 08:37 PM)ginnyfan Wrote:  As always, I' hoping for a return to a newsroom set, but it never happens.... Sad

Oh I think you're wrong. If you consider the news we got yesterday about Licht wanting to show off the Newsroom Headquarters of CNN whatever that means - combined with Pam Browns promotion and then think about the various other anchors with dual roles and it makes perfect sense that it'll be a live newsroom scenario. 

He's clearly got a solid plan, just drip feeding us until it happens. New York is undoubtedly getting a bigger newsroom set. Atlanta surely will and we are seeing a lot more of the Washington newsroom so fingers crossed.
[-] The following 5 users Like Newsroom's post:
  • bkman1990, EastCoast, ginnyfan, matthieu1221, mouseboy33

I sure hope you're right. All of those Newsroom branded bulletins and so little of actual newsrooms seen on screen, could be emblematic of CNN's identity crisis.
[-] The following 6 users Like ginnyfan's post:
  • bkman1990, EastCoast, interestednovice, matthieu1221, mouseboy33, Newsroom

(11-01-2023, 09:28 PM)ginnyfan Wrote:  I sure hope you're right. All of those Newsroom branded bulletins and so little of actual newsrooms seen on screen, could be emblematic of CNN's identity crisis.
But regardless of the fact we still see very clever live shots behind those segments it appears to be a part of the plan. 

Also note how 'CNN This Morning' hasn't received its once touted own studio and neither has any new space been mentioned since it launched. I suspect CNN won't be downsizing their footprint in New York at all - just reimagining it. 

As you said - I hope I'm right too.
[-] The following 2 users Like Newsroom's post:
  • bkman1990, interestednovice

Dylan Byers with CNN's planned new daytime line-up:

- 9am to Noon: John Berman, Kate Bolduan & Sara Sidner

- Noon: Dana Bash* (*possible/TBD)

- 1pm to 4pm: Jim Sciutto, Boris Sanchez, Brianna Keilar

twitter.com