(11-01-2023, 10:29 PM)Omnipresent Wrote:  Dylan Byers with CNN's planned new daytime line-up:

- 9am to Noon: John Berman, Kate Bolduan & Sara Sidner

- Noon: Dana Bash* (*possible/TBD)

- 1pm to 4pm: Jim Sciutto, Boris Sanchez, Brianna Keilar

twitter.com 
Whaaaaaaat? 

Where does that leave John King? A twice a month anchor or a part of the Licht 'Newsroom Headquarters' concept? 

And - Victor Blackwell and Alisyn Camerota? God, I hate this drip feeding. No doubt those inside CNN will know what's going on or there'd surely be uproar.

I'm shocked that Sara Sidner got a gig, no offence but she doesn't work for me as anchor.

CNN Today with 3 hosts , AM and PM editions. Lunchtime Live with Dana Bash. This is all so Sky News circa 2005. Big Grin
[-] The following 3 users Like ginnyfan's post:
  • bkman1990, matthieu1221, Newsroom

The news has been confirmed by CNN. John King remains at the noon hour. Alisyn Camerota and Laura Jates remain on the 10 and 11pm hours, and Jim Acosta is having extended length weekend shows. Victor Blackwell will replace Boris Sanchez on CNN This Morning Weekend and will anchor the 10am weekend hour.

twitter.com 

(11-01-2023, 10:50 PM)Medianext.MX Wrote:  The news has been confirmed by CNN. John King remains at the noon hour. Alisyn Camerota and Laura Jates remain on the 10 and 11pm hours, and Jim Acosta is having extended length weekend shows. Victor Blackwell will replace Boris Sanchez on CNN This Morning Weekend and will anchor the 10am weekend hour.

twitter.com 
Such a blow for Victor having to go back to that beat, then again who know why it's happened. He may miss that beat. I am still shocked nonetheless. 

I guess the studio or newsroom setup will add to the impact of these announcements and ultimately programming.

Never rated Boris Sanchez as an anchor and can't see the logic. Licht has failed previously with moving Tapper to prime time so who knows.
[-] The following 3 users Like Newsroom's post:
  • bkman1990, interestednovice, Medianext.MX

I'm glad the plan is to give Briana and John something even though it's pretty much a demotion for them. I'm going to differ with Newsroom on Sara Sidner this time. (Sorry mate!) To me she has seemed very confident and her style of journalism when she has done shows has touched just right me with me. Won't be surprising if she does get a show though, she's been covering everywhere for a while now including CNN This Morning, Outfront, CNN Tonight and some weekend Newsroom shows.

So it is really going to be 3 presenters in a three hour slot? That's bold to say the least although it fits in with Lincht's vision of having presenters actually live in a proper newsroom away from a desk. I feel like it's a bit overkill with three presenters on most shows throughout the day. Can understand it when it's breakfast but not live Newsroom shows.

If it is the case that John King is off the 12pm slot then I have a feeling he's not gonna have a live show or be leaving all together. Really hope that's not the case although he has had ages at CNN, it just won't be the same without him. It also makes me think about the future of Inside Politics, although if Dana Bash is getting an hour, it might be staying even it's just in a revamped form.

Chris Lincht moving Boris Sanchez to weekdays means he has to do another set of changes to This Morning Weekend which is probably one of the weakest shows on the whole schedule. It really does need a bloody good revamp and there's not a reason for presenters to be in seperate locations and stuck behind the broom cupboard. There's no other full time show that is behind a flash studio still so I still don't understand why This Morning Weekend is still the case.

Edit: Just seen they officially confirmed the schedule whilst I was typing my post. Glad John King is staying in his slot. Poor old Victor back in his old breakfast slot. That move out of Atlanta was really worth it! And why are they keeping the presenters on until 11am ET whilst they slap Smerconish in the middle?
[-] The following 3 users Like TMD_24's post:

(11-01-2023, 11:11 PM)TMD_24 Wrote:  I'm glad the plan is to give Briana and John something even though it's pretty much a demotion for them. I'm going to differ with Newsroom on Sara Sidner this time. (Sorry mate!) To me she has seemed very confident and her style of journalism when she has done shows has touched just right me with me. Won't be surprising if she does get a show though, she's been covering everywhere for a while now including CNN This Morning, Outfront, CNN Tonight and some weekend Newsroom shows.

So it is really going to be 3 presenters in a three hour slot? That's bold to say the least although it fits in with Lincht's vision of having presenters actually live in a proper newsroom away from a desk. I feel like it's a bit overkill with three presenters on most shows throughout the day. Can understand it when it's breakfast but not live Newsroom shows.

If it is the case that John King is off the 12pm slot then I have a feeling he's not gonna have a live show or be leaving all together. Really hope that's not the case although he has had ages at CNN, it just won't be the same without him. It also makes me think about the future of Inside Politics, although if Dana Bash is getting an hour, it might be staying even it's just in a revamped form.

Chris Lincht moving Boris Sanchez to weekdays means he has to do another set of changes to This Morning Weekend which is probably one of the weakest shows on the whole schedule. It really does need a bloody good revamp and there's not a reason for presenters to be in seperate locations and stuck behind the broom cupboard. There's no other full time show that is behind a flash studio still so I still don't understand why This Morning Weekend is still the case.

Edit: Just seen they officially confirmed the schedule whilst I was typing my post. Glad John King is staying in his slot. Poor old Victor back in his old breakfast slot. That move out of Atlanta was really worth it!
As I wrote - I doubt it's been done without consultation. He's been a hit with Camerota in the newsroom hours. I suspect it's mutual but mustn't speculate on the personal lives of anchors.
[-] The following 2 users Like Newsroom's post:
  • bkman1990, Medianext.MX

Without speculating on any lives , I do wonder if it's because they want to have both anchors in Atlanta instead of the split screen weekend and Blackwell is more willing to be in Atlanta since he was there, versus trying to get Boris Sanchez to move. Sanchez is in DC so it fits for him to do the DC block of the new daytime.

Acosta is getting Pamela Brown's hours , but notice that it says 4-8pm ET on Saturdays, wonder if that means we get another hour of Whitfield on Saturday, between 3-4pmET.
[-] The following 5 users Like sky303's post:
  • bkman1990, interestednovice, Jeff, Medianext.MX, Newsroom

Wow, I really like these changes.

Wasn’t sure how CNN was going to reimagine 7 hours. A 3-1-3 format makes sense, I just didn’t expect CNN to go for it. From a resource perspective this means CNN has 7 hours of programming from New York, 7 hours of programming from DC, and then 4-5 hours from New York again, depending on where Laura ends up anchoring from. This is probably one of the cleanest ways they could divide the schedule to optimize behind the scenes schedules.

Happy to see John Berman and Kate Bolduan reunite. They had great chemistry during their At This Hour days. Equally as excited for Sara Sidner to receive a slot after losing her CNN+ gig. I think this elevates Kate Bolduan as well since 9a-12p eastern is effectively a west coast wake up show and this is a great trio for west coast wake-up/east coast news.

Also excited to see Brianna Keilar return to daytime and Jim Sciutto move later in the day. They both have a great midday dynamic and can contribute well to The Situation Room. This shift also makes more sense for Boris Sanchez than the mornings, although Kasie Hunt may have been a better fit. Three anchors also fits better in Studio A/B than Studio D.

Agree that this is a shame for Victor Blackwell. He’s a sold journalist, although I don’t really know if he seized the opportunity in New York since I never got a chance to watch. He will do really well with Amara Walker, and I’m happy to see them reunite in studio.

Pamela Brown’s slot had to disappear to make room for the new news magazine show. Hopefully we will still see a lot of her on air.

Dissapointed for Erica Hill and Biana Golodryga, both excellent anchors who remain as fill ins.

Happy for Alisyn Camerota and Laura Coates who get their own hours rather than awkwardly being stitched together.
[-] The following 3 users Like EastCoast's post:

I wonder if the wandering around the newsroom will last or it will be (slowly) watered down like it has at franceinfo: for example. They've gone from walking around a lot to mostly desk-anchoring in just a few years.
[-] The following 2 users Like matthieu1221's post:
  • interestednovice, Medianext.MX

Maybe I hope its a big more organic and not how what they did when they "reimagined" Headline News" back in the early 00s. They had a main anchor desk and they went around to each pod to talk to the business person and then the sports person, etc. We all know how that turned out. THis is will be interesting to see. So it seems like a host of new/updated sets are coming out of CNN across the next year. WIth the move from CNN Center and this new dayside format.
[-] The following 2 users Like mouseboy33's post:
  • bkman1990, Medianext.MX