I really doubt it was Victor's choice to go back to Atlanta weekends, from NY weekdays. No one would want that. He's back where he started but it's not a surprise really. Both him and Ana Cabrera were Zucker's final act of promotions and both ended up badly. The fact is, CNN had too many presenters with various slots in daytime, who are much higher in packing order, who had to be satisfied with this new daytime reorganization. There was just no place for Blackwell in the new rota.

Overall, it all looks good and reasonable. No more co-anchoring from different cities, the slots are now clearly devided between NY and DC and people who live and work in those hubs will not have to share screens or travel to NY every few weeks/months.

I'm curious how this new Newsroom model will work. I hope it really means the anchors will use various presentation points in the newsrooms and not just be seated together at the desk. DC set is especially boring and cold and I can't see 3 presenters crowded at a desk working well there. As for NY, who knows what set they'll use, the situation there is confusing.

If this new Newsroom model turns out to work well, I wonder if they will try it on CNNI as well? 3 hour blocks from Atlanta and London, with 3 presenters, using actual newsrooms would be interesting.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ginnyfan's post:
  • Medianext.MX

(12-01-2023, 02:10 PM)ginnyfan Wrote:  If this new Newsroom model turns out to work well, I wonder if they will try it on CNNI as well? 3 hour blocks from Atlanta and London, with 3 presenters, using actual newsrooms would be interesting.

Hopefully it won't be with 3 presenters. Seems a little OTT to me, especially if the concept isn't a lot of desk-based presenting and a lot of interacting with other members of the newsroom floor (that's a lot of people!). I only think it was 3 because they had to shoehorn everyone currently there in the schedule.
[-] The following 2 users Like matthieu1221's post:
  • AJB39, Medianext.MX

Actually 3 presenters is fairly commonplace on American Television, especially morning tv..... so its not off-putting to the viewers in general. Many successful local morning shows have a team dynamic rather than just the main presenter duo. (Im thinking WGN Morning News as the most wildly successful program for decades)

CBS Mornings
Good Morning America
CNN This Morning
Morning Joe
Newsy (Scripps) Morning Rush

[Image: ?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcalifornia-times-brig...orning.jpg]
[Image: newcbsmorning.jpg]
[Image: cd20c65c-37ac-4cfa-a14e-64d8d40d661a.jpg]
[Image: MV5BYWJkYTczZDMtZmM0MC00NjVhLWFhYWQtYzM5...@._V1_.jpg]
[Image: FFDDR0AWUAEieUd?format=jpg&name=large]
I do understand what you mean about lots of people and reports being de-briefed by an anchor, but i imagine once it gets started they will make adjustments. But I think thats the idea is to inject some energy. Under Zucker its been nothing but boring talking head panels shows. 

Newscaststudio just posted an article about the new format

www.newscaststudio.com 
[-] The following 2 users Like mouseboy33's post:
  • bkman1990, Medianext.MX

Already mentioned about the large presenting teams on morning shows, it'll be nothing like Sky News circa 2005 with three presenters standing awkwardly around a podium.

On a typical local tv morning show you'll have two anchors, a meteorologist, traffic reporter and then sometimes other journalists who come in and do their bit, but it's the team dynamic that viewers like about the show. Some bulletins even have all of them together at the end for a chat after the final story of the bulletin.
[-] The following 2 users Like London Lite's post:
  • bkman1990, mouseboy33

Just speculating here. Are they going to consolidate the Domestic Newsroom graphics with CNNI Newsroom's graphic? Since almost all Newsroom schedules from CNNI also simulcast with Domestic, why not just use one theme? For the dayside, they can use the backdrop of NYC and DC like LDN, ATL, and HK
[-] The following 2 users Like channelmarsy's post:
  • bkman1990, Newsroom

(13-01-2023, 12:52 PM)channelmarsy Wrote:  Just speculating here. Are they going to consolidate the Domestic Newsroom graphics with CNNI Newsroom's graphic? Since almost all Newsroom schedules from CNNI also simulcast with Domestic, why not just use one theme? For the dayside, they can use the backdrop of NYC and DC like LDN, ATL, and HK

You'd think they'd have done that the last time 'Newsroom' got a lick of paint but they didn't.  I'd like to think this is the way things are heading. I can't imagine they'd move to Techwood and not have a studio they can dress to any show, and with it slated as being called 'Newsroom Headquarters' the chances are high. 

One wonders whether CNN will have a usable studio once it moves to its new Los Angeles home in Burbank too.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Newsroom's post:
  • bkman1990

You have to imagine they will have some sort of Atlanta studio. CNN en Espanol, International and Domestic still need space to broadcast from. It will be interesting if all 3 services have one big combined newsroom or will keep separate newsrooms with Domestic retaining the largest of the 3. As you said stands to reason that there must be set there. LIkely to fit with the broadcast sites in NY and DC most likely.
[-] The following 1 user Likes mouseboy33's post:
  • bkman1990

One of Chris Licht's hallmarks with Morning Joe and CBS This Morning was that anchors and correspondents sat in the round and had a conversation. I would imagine he would be pushing for the same thing with these new changes.

Serious suggestions that a comedian may become the permanent prime time host in the 9pm slot.

www.semafor.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes TMD_24's post:
  • Medianext.MX

(16-01-2023, 01:38 AM)TMD_24 Wrote:  Serious suggestions that a comedian may become the permanent prime time host in the 9pm slot.

www.semafor.com 

A tidbit on this post...

Quote:Executives have also expressed a desire to transform the network’s lineups and visuals by the time Licht hits his one year anniversary with CNN in May. Licht has said that CNN’s current graphics and branding look dated and cheap, and within the next several months, CNN will revamp them to look sleeker, according to one source familiar with his comments.

Honestly, CNN has good graphics and they haven't dated a lot since they were introduced at the height of the Zucker era back in 2013. But given Licht's desire for all-in change, this is no surprise. We might see what facelift is given by Licht.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Medianext.MX's post:
  • interestednovice