(17-01-2023, 07:07 AM)Independent Wrote:  I know it's been mentioned before here or on the other forums but does anyone remember if all CNN US shows from NY and DC "directed" from Atlanta but the producers and editors are in those cities? Similar to BBC World News America or Newsday being produced in DC and Singapore but directed from London? And are the shows in NY and DC treated like an outside broadcast like to some extent like BBC WNA and Newsday are in that there's a presenter in London on stand-by?

Only from 9am-4pm.  Otherwise, NY shows have their control rooms in NY and DC shows have control rooms in DC.  

But for 9a -4a shows, the control rooms are out of Atlanta with most editorial staff in Atlanta.
[-] The following 1 user Likes inletwindow's post:
  • Independent

(16-01-2023, 10:55 PM)sky303 Wrote:  It kind of works for CNN at 9pm ET maybe, they had a talk show in the slot for a long time before they stopped when they let Piers Morgan go.  It would be different, but don't need political commentary comedy, that's something that's already over done on Comedy Central, The Late Show, Late Night, Gutfield!, Even Jimmy Kimmel and Jimmy Fallon do it a little bit too much now too..  Would hope they'd reintroduce a CNN I opt out hour again  in that slot, if they go that way.  I think I just did a long about way of saying they should just bring back a Larry King Live style show instead.

I don't hate the current graphics, hated the ones from before that from day one, did like the 2008 ones (though they didn't look good on CNNI, then again the 2006 CNN I look was great and could have still been used today)

This was my thought as well. I don't think I fully appreciated Larry King when he was around. He had such a broad appeal that he could lure a lot of guests and viewers into CNN even if they otherwise wouldn't normally care about the rest of the programming day. It seems like Chris Licht might want a show like that. The network could really benefit from having a marquee primetime show that could have the freedom to explore a wide variety of topics and interviews that aren't so tied down to politics. They just have to get the right host for it to work.

(16-01-2023, 02:19 AM)Medianext.MX Wrote:  
(16-01-2023, 01:38 AM)TMD_24 Wrote:  Serious suggestions that a comedian may become the permanent prime time host in the 9pm slot.

www.semafor.com 

A tidbit on this post...

Quote:Executives have also expressed a desire to transform the network’s lineups and visuals by the time Licht hits his one year anniversary with CNN in May. Licht has said that CNN’s current graphics and branding look dated and cheap, and within the next several months, CNN will revamp them to look sleeker, according to one source familiar with his comments.

Honestly, CNN has good graphics and they haven't dated a lot since they were introduced at the height of the Zucker era back in 2013. But given Licht's desire for all-in change, this is no surprise. We might see what facelift is given by Licht.

Honestly, CNN's graphics are very dated now (like EuroNews too). And the squeezing of text in to a box is so frustrating, the constant 'Show / Hashtag / @' under the logo is irritating too. Can't imagine a lot being refreshed or taken away but CNN could do with scaling down the logo and having straps that fit IMO.
[-] The following 2 users Like mixchris's post:
  • Medianext.MX, Tsigriwa

From Christina Macfarlane's Instagram: turns out that Alex Thomas is no longer at CNN

In a very rare occasion CNN are delivering a second live edition of SOTU at Noon EST today with Dana Bash. Obviously it's because there is Breaking News around the mass shooting in California, but still it's not the usual.

I can only remember one other Sunday morning when this happened and that's when CNN covered the gay nightclub shooting back in 2016.

I'd often commented on previous forums about CNN's lack of being able to cover Breaking News on Sunday mornings. Good to see them stepping up.

(22-01-2023, 06:11 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  In a very rare occasion CNN are delivering a second live edition of SOTU at Noon EST today with Dana Bash.  Obviously it's because there is Breaking News around the mass shooting in California, but still it's not the usual.
It's not that rare for CNN/US, just a week ago SOTU at noon ET was also partly live as it included Biden's speech and its subsequent discussion by the guests. Today after a 10-minute live segment SOTU switched back to repeating interviews taken in the 9am ET edition.

Other thing is, the second hour of SOTU, whether it is a full repeat of 9a ET or has live parts, is rarely seen on CNNI, as World Sport and a magazine are broadcast in its place. Today, indeed, second edition of SOTU aired on CNNI as well. Apparently, it was only for a half an hour, as now it is World Sport there, shifted by 30 minutes.

(22-01-2023, 06:11 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  In a very rare occasion CNN are delivering a second live edition of SOTU at Noon EST today with Dana Bash.  Obviously it's because there is Breaking News around the mass shooting in California, but still it's not the usual.

I can only remember one other Sunday morning when this happened and that's when CNN covered the gay nightclub shooting back in 2016.

I'd often commented on previous forums about CNN's lack of being able to cover Breaking News on Sunday mornings. Good to see them stepping up.

I'm just going back actually and they did live noon editions of STOTU when the war in Ukraine started. Can't remember if there has been too much since then.
[-] The following 2 users Like TMD_24's post:
  • bkman1990, Newsroom

(22-01-2023, 06:37 PM)oscillon Wrote:  
It's not that rare for CNN/US, just a week ago SOTU at noon ET was also partly live as it included Biden's speech and its subsequent discussion by the guests. Today after a 10-minute live segment SOTU switched back to repeating interviews taken in the 9am ET edition.

Other thing is, the second hour of SOTU, whether it is a full repeat of 9a ET or has live parts, is rarely seen on CNNI, as World Sport and a magazine are broadcast in its place. Today, indeed, second edition of SOTU aired on CNNI as well. Apparently, it was only for a half an hour, as now it is World Sport there, shifted by 30 minutes.
It's rare enough. The 2nd edition of SOTU is always a repeat and that's so it can serve the West Coast. It may carry the odd 'live' element when Biden speaks but it's most certainly aired as 'recorded for the most part. The same goes for Fareed Zakaria who airs twice on a Sunday morning.

Edit: CNN have returned to recorded output at 1pm eastern with Fareed Zakaria.

So much for stepping up.

Michael and Rosemary confirmed that today is their last broadcast from Studio 7. They are moving back to CNNI's old studio 4 where they will be until the move to Techwood. Meanwhile, Studio 7 is being dismantled and its walls will be moved to Techwood to be used for the ''new'' set. Talk about cost cutting. Rolleyes
[-] The following 5 users Like ginnyfan's post:
  • bkman1990, EastCoast, matthieu1221, Newsroom, TVFan

(23-01-2023, 09:04 AM)ginnyfan Wrote:  Michael and Rosemary confirmed that today is their last broadcast from Studio 7. They are moving back to CNNI's old studio 4 where they will be until the move to Techwood. Meanwhile, Studio 7 is being dismantled and its walls will be moved to Techwood to be used for the ''new'' set. Talk about cost cutting. Rolleyes
Am not so familiar with Studio 4. Is this where the weekend output originates from?

Edit: Found it. Haven't seen that space used for an eternity!