(24-01-2023, 04:38 PM)ginnyfan Wrote:  The only time that set looked great and fitting of an international news channel, was when it had the open newsroom view, which was ages ago. Ever since they closed it, in 2006, it was like something from a poor local channel.

From this morning, here's how the new branding looks in it.

[Image: vlcsnap-2023-01-24-07h52m10s85.png]

[Image: vlcsnap-2023-01-24-07h52m12s109.png]
Some interesting pictures on Rosemary Church's instagram of a yellow branded Newsroom. Not sure if that's new or old?

www.instagram.com =

I don't think it's yellow, just white that turned out like that in her photos.

CNNI going back to its old habits today - completely ditching QMB and, possibly, final bit of Isa Soares Tonight as well in favour of a CNN/US simulcast, as the charges in the Tyre Nichols murder were officially announced. Hoped this "simulcast the US no matter the relevance" custom was well gone with Zucker, but alas...

(23-01-2023, 10:06 AM)Newsroom Wrote:  Haven't seen that space used for an eternity!
On a separate note, Studio 4 (never knew it was called that) was used as recently as November when Lynda Kinkade covered for Becky Anderson in Connect the World from Atlanta.

[Image: CNN-Old-Studio-2022-3.png]
Not sure how frequently it was used before that, as there were many occasions of Lynda Kinkade covering from Atlanta studio (usually in the aforementioned Connect the World, QMB or now axed Global Brief), albeit with a single static shot throughout the program, so it might have been some other cupboard studio.

It has become Lynda's studio in a way, since she seems to be the one stuck there the most last few years.

One World and Amanpour (!) were ditched today, in favour of another Tyre Nichols presser (although Amanpour might air in repeat later, like it did when DOJ announced special counsel appointment), but Isa Soares Tonight, anchored by Richard Quest from New York, is now live with breaking news from Jerusalem.

(27-01-2023, 08:05 PM)oscillon Wrote:  One World and Amanpour (!) were ditched today, in favour of another Tyre Nichols presser (although Amanpour might air in repeat later, like it did when DOJ announced special counsel appointment), but Isa Soares Tonight, anchored by Richard Quest from New York, is now live with breaking news from Jerusalem.

So it's neither 'Isa Soares', nor is it 'Tonight' in NYC. Big Grin 

What was so bad about the name 'The World Right Now' that needed changing back in the day?

(27-01-2023, 08:05 PM)oscillon Wrote:  One World and Amanpour (!) were ditched today, in favour of another Tyre Nichols presser (although Amanpour might air in repeat later, like it did when DOJ announced special counsel appointment), but Isa Soares Tonight, anchored by Richard Quest from New York, is now live with breaking news from Jerusalem.

What makes them think this is so important for international viewers?? I watch news all the time but I can't even remember what this case was all about. Another mass shooting, another police brutality drama, it's all a big blur. Anyway, it's irrelevant internationally, especially now!
[-] The following 3 users Like ginnyfan's post:
  • AJB39, Independent, jirka

(27-01-2023, 11:41 PM)ginnyfan Wrote:  

What makes them think this is so important for international viewers?? I watch news all the time but I can't even remember what this case was all about. Another mass shooting, another police brutality drama, it's all a big blur. Anyway, it's irrelevant internationally, especially now!
I can't say I'm too sure on the above either - however, the BBC and Sky have gave quite a lot of coverage to this as well, including to the live press coverage earlier today.

CNN is now airing unedited and uninterrupted coverage of the footage from the body cameras.

Pamela Brown's last weekend CNN Newsroom show is tonight. Next weekend from Saturday it is Fredricka from 11am-3pm. A repeat of Smerconish (Why?) from 3pm-4pm and Jim from 4pm-8pm.

I'm not sure if moving to Studio 4 makes much of a difference. Studio 7 was massive but rarely used to its full potential. Most Newsrooms were a single shot of the anchor sitting in front of the large screen on which was projected a city backdrop.
As mentioned, Linda has used Studio 4 a number of times and I've never known that she wasn't in Studio 7 until a possible wide shot when going to commercial.