(20-08-2022, 10:19 AM)AJB39 Wrote:  
(20-08-2022, 01:50 AM)EastCoast Wrote:  It’s amazing that a few months ago Stelter was anchoring a daily show on CNN+ in addition to the now canned Sunday show. Quite remarkable what a change in management can bring. I always thought he could be a solid media critic; unfortunately, he frequently felt like an extension of the CNN Press team rarely casting the spotlight inward. Curious to see what replaces “Reliable Sources”. Quite frankly the SOTU and GPS replays are unnecessary in this day and age so there’s a lot of play in the Sunday schedule.
The SOTU and GPS replays are for West coast viewers, 12pm Eastern time been 9am Pacific time.

I understand that, I should’ve elaborated that in todays age of instant on-demand viewing, DVRs, and all the good clips from SOTU being reaired during the day it doesn’t make sense to me to have no new live updates for two hours in the middle of the day.
[-] The following 1 user Likes EastCoast's post:
  • wilmington

Have to say there has been some interesting CNN presenting covers recently but even more today where Alex Marquardt is covering The Situation Room for Wolf Blitzer. Normally it's Jim Acosta or Pamala Brown as the normal covers when Wolf is off.

Also I think it's the first time in multiple weeks that Early Start was double-headed today since Laura Jarett went on baby leave with Omar Jimenez next to Christine Romans today and possibly for the week.

(22-08-2022, 11:03 PM)TMD_24 Wrote:  Have to say there has been some interesting CNN presenting covers recently but even more today where Alex Marquardt is covering The Situation Room for Wolf Blitzer. Normally it's Jim Acosta or Pamela Brown as the normal covers when Wolf is off.

Definitely some interesting covers of late. Jim Sciutto covered for Anderson Cooper on Friday and Fareed Zakaria on Sunday. John Vause covered for Kim Brunhuber on Sunday. Oddly enough John anchored from Los Angeles and Kristie Lu Stout is covering for John Vause now. We’ve also had Alisyn Camerota cover CNN Tonight, bringing her back to where she started when she joined CNN 8 or so years ago. 

Also worth mentioning that Reliable Sources has been replaced with a replay of the 8am Inside Politics hour. So now we have a three hour midday block with no live news from the world’s news leader.

John Harwood is the next one out of CNN.

twitter.com 

On a related note, it does appear that CNNi are going to opt-out of New Day on Monday with an additional CNN Newsroom with Max Foster from 12pm-1:30pm looking at the schedules. That will presumably be to show the results of the Conservative Leadership and Prime Minister.

Excellent news! Another talking head, pretending to be a reporter, gone. Licht is really cleaning the house but there are so many left that need to go, asap.

(02-09-2022, 06:58 PM)ginnyfan Wrote:  Excellent news! Another talking head, pretending to be a reporter, gone. Licht is really cleaning the house but there are so many left that need to go, asap.

Some coverage from Deadline here on Licht's 'cleaning' operation.

deadline.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes Newsroom's post:
  • ginnyfan

(02-09-2022, 06:58 PM)ginnyfan Wrote:  Excellent news! Another talking head, pretending to be a reporter, gone. Licht is really cleaning the house but there are so many left that need to go, asap.

John Harwood has been an excellent reporter, for many years, long prior to being with CNN.  He is not a "talking head", he's a long experienced Washington correspondent, who frankly deserved better than being cut by former Joe Scarborough hatchetn man Chris Licht.  And if some of the coverage of Joe Biden's speech last night was anything to go by, this era of CNN is going to go down as another attempt to be Fox News Lite and that failed miserably the last time they tried it.

I think it’s time for CNN to publicly lay out their vision for the network and the standards for their journalism. While the whole ‘return to straight news’ intent is great, it’s hard to see where the goal posts are and it’s easy to see this solely as an overcorrection to the right on their political coverage. What’s been noticeably missing on CNN/U.S. is the non-political news in this refresh.

Over on Twitter CNN continue to trend for either something one of their personalities said (Don Lemon, Jeff Zeleny, Brianna Keilar), someone leaving (John Harwood, Jeffrey Toobin, Brian Stelter), or something a guest said (any right wing commentator or politician). A lot of people are expressing their dissatisfaction with the network, their intent to move over to MSNBC, and their hope that Acosta moves to MSNBC as well. Those in the center and on the right are also happy to mention how long ago they stopped watching because of the sensationalism. You can see all of this simply by searching #BoycottCNN, Chris Licht or new CNN.

To be honest I would probably ignore a Twitter crowd who would say anything to influence an agenda. I also do not agree that CNN is becoming Fox News or Fox News Jr like some make it out to be. It's not like they are trying to get figures like a Hannity, Tucker Carlson and Laura Ingraham figures to get bash the president 24/7 but rather move to output and presenters that resembles straight news channels. More presenters being in the reins like Wolf Blitzer, Jake Tapper, John Berman is not a bad thing and does not resemble Fox News at all, if anything it's more like NBC News Now or CBS News which there is nothing wrong with that all.

CNN White House reporter finally daring to challenge the Press secretary and a few CNN anchors questioning Biden's prime-time speech is enough for some to declare CNN the new FOX News. I saw the Twitter ''storm'' about it all. It's beyond laughable. The only thing it proves is just how low the journalism standards have fallen in the USA.

twitter.com