(17-02-2023, 12:04 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  
(17-02-2023, 12:02 PM)TMD_24 Wrote:  Don appears to be off this morning, make that what you will. Poppy Harlow is off as well on assignment so Audie Cornish is alongside Kaitlin Collins today.

He announced yesterday that he was off or said something along the lines of 'have a great weekend everyone'.

(17-02-2023, 12:04 PM)oscillon Wrote:  Don "takes the day off" today, and with Poppy doing an NBA all-star game interview, Kaitlan Collins is in the studio with Audie Cornish. Not sure, but this might be the first time for this show to have a substitute anchor.
Sara Sidner has covered previously.

I see fair enough. It does raise eyebrows when someone is taking the day off after a controversy but if he hinted it was pre-booked anyway then that seems normal.

Well well well!

It is about time Don Lemon was rebuked/reprimanded over his behaviour! Possibly Licht's first good move since taking over CNN.

'CNN’s Chairman Rebukes Don Lemon Over Comments About Women'

www.nytimes.com 
[-] The following 3 users Like Newsroom's post:
  • bakamann, matthieu1221, thomash79

Another interesting cover happening this weekend. Pamela Brown just said at the end of today's Situation Room that she will be presenting State Of The Union on Sunday.

Was that the first time Audie Cornish anchored on CNN? I enjoyed listening to her for years on NPR, so it's still weird to think of her as being at CNN.

(13-02-2023, 01:57 PM)TMD_24 Wrote:  Looks like CNN are once again playing around with what to put in the 9pm hour. This week it's another edition of Erin Burnett OutFront but next week's schedule appear to just show a generic CNN Special Program with it being two hours from 9pm-11pm on Tuesday and Thursday night and CNN Tonight being only from 11pm-12am ET on those days.

EDIT: I just seen the schedule and now it is listed as "CNN Prime". Clearly lining up another present or format for that slot.

They have appeared to change the schedules in the prime time schedule again for next week since I last posted this. 

Monday shows CNN Tonight from 9pm-11pm with an AC360 repeat at 11pm instead, Tuesday shows there is another live edition of The Situation Room at 9pm-10pm, Wednesday at 9pm is " CNN Prime" for an hour, the program is listed to be presented by Don Lemon. (Ugh) Thursday is a CNN Town Hall from 9pm-10:30pm with CNN Tonight from 10:30pm-12am and Friday is just a repeat of a CNN Special Report.

Didn't think Don Lemon would be back in primetime so soon, even for a one off thing.

(18-02-2023, 03:18 PM)TMD_24 Wrote:  
(13-02-2023, 01:57 PM)TMD_24 Wrote:  Looks like CNN are once again playing around with what to put in the 9pm hour. This week it's another edition of Erin Burnett OutFront but next week's schedule appear to just show a generic CNN Special Program with it being two hours from 9pm-11pm on Tuesday and Thursday night and CNN Tonight being only from 11pm-12am ET on those days.

EDIT: I just seen the schedule and now it is listed as "CNN Prime". Clearly lining up another present or format for that slot.

They have appeared to change the schedules in the prime time schedule again for next week since I last posted this. 

Monday shows CNN Tonight from 9pm-11pm with an AC360 repeat at 11pm instead, Tuesday shows there is another live edition of The Situation Room at 9pm-10pm, Wednesday at 9pm is " CNN Prime" for an hour, the program is listed to be presented by Don Lemon. (Ugh) Thursday is a CNN Town Hall from 9pm-10:30pm with CNN Tonight from 10:30pm-12am and Friday is just a repeat of a CNN Special Report.
CNN really need to decide what they want to do with the 9pm ET slot. They’ve spent a long time trying different programmes in that slot. They really to make their mind up at this stage. That scheduling for next week is a mess quite frankly.

(18-02-2023, 03:25 PM)matthieu1221 Wrote:  Didn't think Don Lemon would be back in primetime so soon, even for a one off thing.

I can't see this happening. It'll come across as  a promotion of sorts.

I can see the trash headlines now. 

Lemon says Nikki Haley is past her prime yet ends up back in CNN Prime.

Here is the description of the CNN Prime show. 

The desperation is reeking.

CNN needs to write that check and get a big name from some other network. They ain't gonna attract anyone with the people they currently have.