(01-03-2023, 04:32 AM)oscillon Wrote:  
(28-02-2023, 12:46 PM)matthieu1221 Wrote:  A lot of the time, even when anchors are subbing in, the anchors of the previous hour aren't told leading to moments like... "The Lead with Jake Tapper starts right now"..., followed by "I'm Pamela Brown in for Jake Tapper".
Well, one could argue that The Lead is produced by CNN/US and if we treat CNN/US and CNNI as a somewhat separate entities (as opposed to two outputs of the same big team) one can say that CNNI might not know what is happening in the CNN/US department. Here, however, it was specifically CNNI decision to repeat the documentary for European prime time, and its their dedicated anchor and producers who did not have a hunch about it.

Well.  I think the full name of The Lead is technically "The Lead with Jake Tapper' -- so even when it's hosted by someone else, it's still "The Lead with Jake Tapper."  Still, I agree that is kind of weird.  

The show schedules and who is actually anchoring can be checked easily enough.  There's no great divide separating the networks in that regard.  Sometimes people don't actual check and just assume.

(26-02-2023, 08:30 PM)Global TV Wrote:  
(26-02-2023, 08:08 PM)bakamann Wrote:  Is Shasta Darlington still with CNN, or just working as a freelancer?
Not sure. She is presented as CNN Correspondent, however, she unlike all the other correspondents she speaks from her home and never does reporting, just live taps.

I think Shasta is not strictly a correspondent any more, but does appear to be more than just a freelancer. She lists her own title as "executive editorial director & consultant for CNN International." When she's on air though you might see her labeled as a CNN correspondent or reporter.

Julia Vargas Jones though, has gone freelance.
[-] The following 1 user Likes inletwindow's post:
  • bakamann

(01-03-2023, 04:32 AM)oscillon Wrote:  
(28-02-2023, 12:46 PM)matthieu1221 Wrote:  A lot of the time, even when anchors are subbing in, the anchors of the previous hour aren't told leading to moments like... "The Lead with Jake Tapper starts right now"..., followed by "I'm Pamela Brown in for Jake Tapper".
Well, one could argue that The Lead is produced by CNN/US and if we treat CNN/US and CNNI as a somewhat separate entities (as opposed to two outputs of the same big team) one can say that CNNI might not know what is happening in the CNN/US department. Here, however, it was specifically CNNI decision to repeat the documentary for European prime time, and its their dedicated anchor and producers who did not have a hunch about it.

I should make it clear that the 'coming up' was on CNN US.
[-] The following 1 user Likes matthieu1221's post:
  • oscillon

CNN News Central is coming to dayime schedule in April, with morning portion coming from New York and afternoon from DC:
deadline.com 

Watch this space...
WestKnightTV - on DeviantArt
[-] The following 5 users Like W. Knight's post:
  • bakamann, bkman1990, matthieu1221, Newsroom, oscillon

RIP CNN Newsroom. September 2006 - April 2023

(01-03-2023, 04:54 PM)EastCoast Wrote:  RIP CNN Newsroom. September 2006 - April 2023

The name continues on on the overnights if I'm not mistaken so not quite the very end.

(01-03-2023, 04:55 PM)matthieu1221 Wrote:  
(01-03-2023, 04:54 PM)EastCoast Wrote:  RIP CNN Newsroom. September 2006 - April 2023

The name continues on on the overnights if I'm not mistaken so not quite the very end.

I wonder what the weekend hours will be called?

(01-03-2023, 04:55 PM)matthieu1221 Wrote:  

Well, overnights is a CNNI Newsroom, a somewhat different beast, both content and presentation wise. But for CNN/US there are weekends still, although they might be simultaneously renamed with their weekday counterparts as New Day Weekend had been replaced by CNN This Morning Weekend.

(01-03-2023, 04:39 PM)W. Knight Wrote:  CNN News Central is coming to dayime schedule in April, with morning portion coming from New York and afternoon from DC:
deadline.com 
Why do they insist on persisting with three anchors on at once? It didn’t work when Sky News did it in 2005, and it doesn’t work now with CNN’s breakfast show. Two is enough.
[-] The following 3 users Like Kojak's post:
  • bkman1990, matthieu1221, Newsroom

Because for the most part multi presenter formats is not unusual in American news presentation. Its definitely an outgrowth of the format seen on morning news programmes no just CNN its everywhere nationally and locally and its very successful thats why most of them use that format today. It didnt work on SkyNews. Because unfortunately SkyNews usually gets scared of things and scraps it after a while.

The bold parts are interesting. New studio or at least updated for roving and that Atlanta still plays a part.
Quote: The network announced in January that the lineup would feature anchor trios in the 9 a.m. ET-noon and 1 p.m. ET-4 p.m. blocks. They will appear innewly designed studios featuring heavy use of graphics and emphasizing updates from correspondents in the field.

John Berman, Kate Bolduan and Sara Sidner will anchor the morning program, based in New York. Brianna Keilar, Boris Sanchez and Jim Sciutto will anchor in the afternoon from Washington. The blocks will be produced in Atlanta. Inside Politics will remain at noon-1 PM ET, anchored by John King.