(12-03-2023, 12:50 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  Sounds like quite the upgrade is taking place in Washington. 

Hopefully we won't have long to wait before the big reveal.

I still have zero idea what could possibly be happening in New York. I can't for the life of me think where the new dayside programming will come from other than a brand new newsroom studio.

Weird thing about this possible upgrade is that right now it is apparently only on the "back-end" side. From what we see of Studio A (floors, yes, but anything else?) and now Studio D the screens layout and the overall configuration remains the same.

While Inside Politics returned to Studio D for today, SOTU comes from Studio B, anchored by none other than Kaitlan Collins! The voiceover at the start of the program, however, seems to my ears to be done by Dana Bash.
[Image: image.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes oscillon's post:
  • interestednovice

More behind-the-scenes drama at CNN This Morning: in a last minute decision, CNN executives have moved Lauren Mensch from the daytime Newsroom block to the show, focusing on same-day production and editorial duties; CNN has also hired Chris Russell from NewsNation, focusing on setting up content for the following day's broadcast.

www.hollywoodreporter.com 

In (un)related news, Page Six is being told Chris Licht could leave his post as CNN CEO. According to a WBD spokesperson in off-the-record mode, he is starting to feel extremely uncomfortable in the job, even if he has the support of David Zaslav and WBD's executive leadership. Although this is Page Six, their insider coverage of the behind-the-scenes drama on CNN in the Licht era has been quite decent.

pagesix.com 
[-] The following 4 users Like Medianext.MX's post:
  • bkman1990, interestednovice, matthieu1221, Newsroom

I wonder if CNN's Atlanta Techwood studio is ready to be switched-on, because CNN International has changed their voiceover intro of "Live from CNN Center, this is CNN Newsroom with [presenter name]" to "Live from Atlanta, this is CNN Newsroom with [presenter name]"

CNN International is also mixing their news ticker with #MyFreedomDay tweets today.
[-] The following 2 users Like bakamann's post:
  • bkman1990, interestednovice

It has happened occasionally in the last several months, even before the new graphics was introduced, that the voiceover in the CNNI Newsroom open said “Atlanta” instead of “CNN Center”.
[-] The following 4 users Like jirka's post:
  • alex.w, bkman1990, interestednovice, oscillon

(16-03-2023, 05:06 AM)bakamann Wrote:  I wonder if CNN's Atlanta Techwood studio is ready to be switched-on, because CNN International has changed their voiceover intro of "Live from CNN Center, this is CNN Newsroom with [presenter name]" to "Live from Atlanta, this is CNN Newsroom with [presenter name]"

CNN International is also mixing their news ticker with #MyFreedomDay tweets today.

By switched on you mean start using?  Nah, seems like that’s some months away still.  Construction takes a long time.

Remember they only just dismantled studio 7 at CNN Center.  Parts from that being used for the new studio(s) at Techwood.
[-] The following 2 users Like inletwindow's post:

(16-03-2023, 10:15 AM)inletwindow Wrote:  
(16-03-2023, 05:06 AM)bakamann Wrote:  I wonder if CNN's Atlanta Techwood studio is ready to be switched-on, because CNN International has changed their voiceover intro of "Live from CNN Center, this is CNN Newsroom with [presenter name]" to "Live from Atlanta, this is CNN Newsroom with [presenter name]"

By switched on you mean start using?  Nah, seems like that’s some months away still.  Construction takes a long time.

Remember they only just dismantled studio 7 at CNN Center.  Parts from that being used for the new studio(s) at Techwood.

Rosemary Church responded to an instagram post and said it would only be for a 'few months' before they were in their brand new studio so who knows.
[-] The following 2 users Like Newsroom's post:

The gossip machine keeps whirring with regards to CNN. It's been reported and confirmed that Kaitlin Collins has ditched the agent she shared with Don Lemon amid 'ongoing upheavel' on the morning show.

nypost.com 
[-] The following 3 users Like Newsroom's post:
  • bkman1990, interestednovice, Kojak

Poppy Harlow hosted last night’s CNN Primetime, focusing on the state of banking. Christine Romans, Rahel Solomen, Julia Chatterly and Phil Mattingly joined Poppy in-studio. 

There’s something interesting about seeing the full slate of the CNN Business morning team on air during prime time. Wouldn’t mind this team and format (sans Mattingly) as a permanent fixture on the CNN or CNNI schedule.
[-] The following 4 users Like EastCoast's post:
  • AJB39, bkman1990, interestednovice, oscillon

This idea of a topical Primetime hour, hosted by any of CNN’s major presenters, seems to be working well.

Far better than trying to “build a show” around a personality, such as with Cuomo or Don Lemon’s old shows. As ever with CNN, though, they just have to sort out mornings. Poppy is a veteran morning presenter who always comes across as “warm”, Kaitlan has the newsy background, but I don’t think Don works as the “tie it together”, “familiar CNN face” his role probably requires.

I also don’t get how they could have axed New Day for a supposedly more hard-News show but then make it “all about the conversation”? That’s fluffy soft news, and the major US networks already have that audience sewn up anyway. I really think proper hard news is the niche to be filled (and it would also make the international simulcast more bearable - Early Start on CNNI was always fine because of it’s newsy content, despite the name).

Presenting from a desk and being willing to do proper interviews is a start, but editorial priorities also need to focus on news and not fluff.
[-] The following 1 user Likes interestednovice's post:
  • Charles

nypost.com 
[-] The following 2 users Like Krede's post:
  • interestednovice, Medianext.MX