(29-03-2023, 05:52 PM)inletwindow Wrote:  
(29-03-2023, 05:25 PM)oscillon Wrote:  So, we have two separate launches from New York and DC, the latter being two weeks late for some reason
As far back as I can remember, 9am-4pm ET during the week has always been produced out of Atlanta, regardless of where the anchors are.  

And doesn’t seem unusual that one team is ready to go before the other.  What is perhaps unusual is that they don’t want to wait until both are ready to launch. 
Wasn't too long ago that the anchors were actually in Atlanta. *checks notes* Oh, I guess it's been 9 years.

I'm honestly not sure why the two week stagger. On one hand it allows you to have the same people train both teams to ensure standards, but I'm not sure that's enough of a reason to hold back. Maybe it's a lack of cover presenters? Maybe one of the DC team has an unfortunately timed holiday?  Launching 6 new hours in one day is a lot, but it shows a commitment to leaping into the future, rather than timidly tiptoeing in.

Any bets on if we get new lower thirds on Monday?
[-] The following 2 users Like EastCoast's post:
  • bkman1990, interestednovice

I expect News Central to have unique graphics.
Will that include entirely new lower thirds? In CNN lingo — banners.

It’s possible, but I personally doubt it.

The network as a whole is certainly overdue for a graphics facelift. Could that be coming in the months ahead? Seems pretty likely.
[-] The following 2 users Like inletwindow's post:

I'm kind of surprised how long the current lower 3rds have lasted almost 10 years. I don't think they've aged badly either, I kind of remembered them and liked them because I truly didn't like the 2011-2014 CNN US look. With the more simulcasting they do, they'd have to CNN I around the same time right? I think it took about 2 years for CNNI to get the current look, then after that the simulcasting increased so...
[-] The following 2 users Like sky303's post:

Hmmm, the plot thickens.

Pamela Brown has posted a picture of her at the set in 17N at Hudson Yards, not seen since programming moved out of that Newsroom.

It's clearly visible that there is work going on, and that there are cameras present.

Could it be that 17L will make a return to our screens next week?

Edit - Studio 17N - thanks Oscillon

www.instagram.com =
[-] The following 4 users Like Newsroom's post:
  • bkman1990, interestednovice, Kojak, matthieu1221

(30-03-2023, 10:18 AM)Newsroom Wrote:  Hmmm, the plot thickens.

Pamela Brown has posted a picture of her at the set in 17L at Hudson Yards, not seen since programming moved out of that Newsroom.

It's clearly visible that there is work going on, and that there are cameras present.

www.instagram.com =

Newsroom studio in Hudson Yards was 17N, may be you meant it? Otherwise I'm not sure I understand what 17L looks like on air.

Pamela was anchoring CNN Primetime from New York two days ago, but that went out of 19Y.

(23-03-2023, 01:35 PM)TMD_24 Wrote:  I wonder if that was the original plan to cover multiple topics tonight. I get the sense possibility that they may have possibility done an indictment special given Wednesday was the possible day but given the Grand Jury didn't sit yesterday then maybe they changed it to be multiple topics.
Yesterday CNN Primetime utilized the same multistory format again, with the same Kaitlan Collins, same anchors' panel (Smeconish, Sidner, Coates) with one rotating contributor (with Paula Reid again making an appearance there), so it appears to be more of a regular (weekly?) format than a one-off.
[-] The following 2 users Like oscillon's post:

(30-03-2023, 10:46 AM)oscillon Wrote:  

Pamela Brown has posted a picture of her at the set in 17L at Hudson Yards, not seen since programming moved out of that Newsroom.

www.instagram.com =

Newsroom studio in Hudson Yards was 17N, may be you meant it? Otherwise I'm not sure I understand what 17L looks like on air.

Pamela was anchoring CNN Primetime from New York two days ago, but that went out of 19Y.

(23-03-2023, 01:35 PM)TMD_24 Wrote:  I wonder if that was the original plan to cover multiple topics tonight. I get the sense possibility that they may have possibility done an indictment special given Wednesday was the possible day but given the Grand Jury didn't sit yesterday then maybe they changed it to be multiple topics.
Yesterday CNN Primetime utilized the same multistory format again, with the same Kaitlan Collins, same anchors' panel (Smeconish, Sidner, Coates) with one rotating contributor (with Paula Reid again making an appearance there), so it appears to be more of a regular (weekly?) format than a one-off.
Yup, thanks for the correction, it was indeed 17N.
[-] The following 2 users Like Newsroom's post:

(30-03-2023, 10:46 AM)oscillon Wrote:  

www.instagram.com =

I wonder if it is intended to be a regular format or if it’s just that Collins is a good choice to cover political topics, given her experience, and is in NY rather than DC (unlike most of the politics anchors) so is the natural choice for the programme when it’s covering political topics?

Unless it is deliberate to have certain presenters at certain times of week.

The logo for the News daytime programming has been released

[Image: CNN-News-Central-862x485.jpeg]

HEre is more from TvNewser
www.adweek.com 
[-] The following 3 users Like mouseboy33's post:
  • AJB39, bkman1990, interestednovice

(30-03-2023, 06:40 PM)mouseboy33 Wrote:  The logo for the News daytime programming has been released

[Image: CNN-News-Central-862x485.jpeg]

HEre is more from TvNewser
www.adweek.com 
Yeah that was posted a few pages back, it's stunning IMO.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Newsroom's post:
  • bkman1990

Yeah of course we knew about the NewsCentral name, I but dont think we've seen the logo anywhere until today. It will be interesting to see the screen graphics that comes with it. Also if we are going to see new OSG/Lower Thirds. Newscastudio also just posted a article on the logo a few minutes ago as well.

www.newscaststudio.com 
[-] The following 2 users Like mouseboy33's post: