For some reason Amara and Victor were in split screen today for all four hours, with both anchors having weekday-styled city skyline as a background. (Although with Victor it look like he had a not-so-seamless videowall behind him - possibly it is he who is out of town?)
[Image: image.png]
Fredericka is in her usual Studio 71.

(01-04-2023, 07:05 PM)oscillon Wrote:  For some reason Amara and Victor were in split screen today for all four hours, with both anchors having weekday-styled city skyline as a background. (Although with Victor it look like he had a not-so-seamless videowall behind him - possibly it is he who is out of town?)

I did wonder what was going on at the time. Amara appeared to be in New York (Empire State backdrop)  but having seen her in Atlanta for most of the week covering 'At This Hour' I decided not to pose the question. She was on location in Nashville too covering the shooting earlier this week.
[-] The following 2 users Like Newsroom's post:
  • bkman1990, oscillon

Noticed from the US schedules that domestic will have live coverage of Trump surrendering on Tuesday between 12pm-4pm and 8pm-11pm with CNN Tonight following after that from 11pm-1am though the International schedules have not updated to reflect so unclear whether International will opt-out to Domestic from 12pm-4pm or do their usual International schedule that day.

I suspect CNNI will simulcast with CNN US for some or all of the coverage on Tuesday. Trump’s indictment is a huge story globally as well as in the U.S.

(01-04-2023, 09:42 PM)TMD_24 Wrote:  Noticed from the US schedules that domestic will have live coverage of Trump surrendering on Tuesday between 12pm-4pm and 8pm-11pm with CNN Tonight following after that from 11pm-1am though the International schedules have not updated to reflect so unclear whether International will opt-out to Domestic from 12pm-4pm or do their usual International schedule that day.

Zero chance of CNNI having a regular schedule that day.
[-] The following 4 users Like inletwindow's post:
  • AJB39, bkman1990, EastCoast, UTVLifer

(01-04-2023, 07:05 PM)oscillon Wrote:  For some reason Amara and Victor were in split screen today for all four hours, with both anchors having weekday-styled city skyline as a background. (Although with Victor it look like he had a not-so-seamless videowall behind him - possibly it is he who is out of town?)

The 10am Newsroom hour switched back to the previous version of the background. Looks like Victor is in Atlanta with the fake window mullions removed from the video wall. You can see the stack of books on the credenza in bigger shots.

Fwiw the Atlanta brick set is housed in Studio 3.  Studio 71 was the studio that housed the New Day set in Time Warner Center.
[-] The following 3 users Like EastCoast's post:
  • bkman1990, Marcos, oscillon

(02-04-2023, 01:49 AM)inletwindow Wrote:  
(01-04-2023, 09:42 PM)TMD_24 Wrote:  Noticed from the US schedules that domestic will have live coverage of Trump surrendering on Tuesday between 12pm-4pm and 8pm-11pm with CNN Tonight following after that from 11pm-1am though the International schedules have not updated to reflect so unclear whether International will opt-out to Domestic from 12pm-4pm or do their usual International schedule that day.

Zero chance of CNNI having a regular schedule that day.

I guess it's time for CNNI viewers to get ready for several more years of simulcasts, with the new Trump drama that CNN has wholeheartedly embraced, plus the election coming, the little what's left of CNNI programming will be mostly gone. It's like 2016 all over again...
[-] The following 2 users Like ginnyfan's post:
  • bkman1990, UTVLifer

(02-04-2023, 10:35 AM)ginnyfan Wrote:  I guess it's time for CNNI viewers to get ready for several more years of simulcasts, with the new Trump drama that CNN has wholeheartedly embraced, plus the election coming, the little what's left of CNNI programming will be mostly gone. It's like 2016 all over again...
Still there is a different management around now, chances are Licht will handle it better than Zucker as he wants to make even domestic CNN look less politicized...

(02-04-2023, 03:09 AM)EastCoast Wrote:  Fwiw the Atlanta brick set is housed in Studio 3.  Studio 71 was the studio that housed the New Day set in Time Warner Center.
Thank you for clarifying! Victor and Amara are back together in the studio along with a This Morning backdrop.
It appears that Victor was yesterday in that same studio, indeed.

(01-04-2023, 07:22 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  I did wonder what was going on at the time. Amara appeared to be in New York (Empire State backdrop)  but having seen her in Atlanta for most of the week covering 'At This Hour' I decided not to pose the question. She was on location in Nashville too covering the shooting earlier this week.
However, where was Amara, remains unclear - CNN This Morning backdrop famously combines several different cities, so Amara has Empire State Building behind her even now, when she is clearly in Atlanta, in the same studio with Victor.
[-] The following 3 users Like oscillon's post:
  • bkman1990, EastCoast, Marcos

Wow. They actually have a nice looking background in Atlanta, for once.

It appears that Fareed Zakaria is doing his show live today, at least first half, first time since the move to 21V.

(02-04-2023, 01:25 PM)ginnyfan Wrote:  Wow. They actually have a nice looking background in Atlanta, for once.
Yes, this one looks brighter and richer. Previous one, however, had (at least for me) a more realistic (your-view-out-of-the-window) feel to it.