(28-09-2023, 09:27 PM)ginnyfan Wrote:  She can fill in for Quest who's away a lot anyway.
Yeah, but was said that the team would be back later in the year, so it must be a new show since Richard already has one.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Global TV's post:
  • oscillon

(28-09-2023, 09:25 PM)oscillon Wrote:  So in the future instead of simulcasting CNN/US for breaking news, one should expect CNNI to simulcast CNN Max?..

That's a good question. I still have some tiny hope that State of the Race will get limited to CNN Max (come on, even in 2016 it was a weekly(!) half-an-hour show, although it had many repeats later, not an hour-long weekday fixture), and 11am will get Chatterley.

Alternatively, they might create a joint CNNI/Max show later in the day, making another hour of CNN/US exclusive to cable. And I'm still not sure how Amanpour doing 6 days a week will look like.

Iirc SOTR was daily when it launched, being reduced to weekly some time (2019?) after it had become State of America.
[-] The following 1 user Likes matthieu1221's post:
  • oscillon

I found the press release from CNN from 2016 it was originally a daily (nightly) show
cnnpressroom.blogs.cnn.com 

I think I remember the line up now too, they had Wolf (Simulcast) at 6pm GMT, Amanpour at 7pm GMT, Hala was on at 8pm GMT , Quest at 9pm GMT.

Then Amanpour was made an hour on CNN International in 2018, when PBS decided to use it as a replacement for Charlie Rose. In July 2018, it ended as a daily show, then brought back as a weekly show. The 2018 changes is when they added First Move, The Lead, moved Hala to 7pm GMT, Amanpour to 6pm GMT. "State of America" made weekly.

[-] The following 2 users Like sky303's post:
  • matthieu1221, oscillon

(28-09-2023, 11:27 PM)sky303 Wrote:  I found the press release from CNN from 2016 it was originally a daily (nightly) show

I think I remember the line up now too, they had Wolf (Simulcast) at 6pm GMT, Amanpour at 7pm GMT,  Hala was on at 8pm GMT , Quest at 9pm GMT.

Then Amanpour was made an hour on CNN International in 2018, when PBS decided to use it as a replacement for Charlie Rose.  In July 2018, it ended as a daily show, then brought back as a weekly show.  The 2018 changes is when they added First Move, The Lead, moved Hala to 7pm GMT, Amanpour to 6pm GMT.  "State of America" made weekly.

Indeed, I must have remembered the latest weekly iteration. Interestingly, the show was closed rather than revived in 2019 despite 2020 Election already in sight; instead CNNI chose to simulcast CNN/US for any development.

Today's going to be interesting in terms of who simulcasts what. As the news of Sen. Feinstein's death broke, CNNI went to CNN/US simulcast (not sure if CTW made it to air and for how long). Not sure if CNNMAX did it as well, but that seems likely.

UPD. At 9:40 ET Becky Anderson regained the air (and started telling about US govt shutdown, hehe), so it won't be wall to wall on CNNI.

(29-09-2023, 02:38 PM)I’m oscillon Wrote:  Indeed, I must have remembered the latest weekly iteration. Interestingly, the show was closed rather than revived in 2019 despite 2020 Election already in sight; instead CNNI chose to simulcast CNN/US for any development.

Today's going to be interesting in terms of who simulcasts what. As the news of Sen. Feinstein's death broke, CNNI went to CNN/US simulcast (not sure if CTW made it to air and for how long). Not sure if CNNMAX did it as well, but that seems likely.

UPD. At 9:40 ET Becky Anderson regained the air (and started telling about US govt shutdown, hehe), so it won't be wall to wall on CNNI.

The old SOTR/SOA was only weekly in its final months, I think.  It was mostly daily for its run.  Also it was 30 min vs the new version’s 60 min.  I’m sure it’s quite different in other ways without Kate Bolduan.

The Feinstein news broke right around 9am eastern, perhaps a few minutes before. CNNI immediately went to CNN U.S.  

CNN Max was already in its unique programming and did its own breaking news coverage (with Jim Acosta anchoring).  

I think CNN Max will have to go its own way for breaking news quite often.  That’s what Jim Sciutto’s role is supposed to be for the network, in addition to hosting the 2pm show.
[-] The following 1 user Likes inletwindow's post:
  • oscillon

CNN Max gets to air CNN International back half hour programming. 

[Image: Screenshot-685.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes sky303's post:
  • EastCoast

(30-09-2023, 05:35 AM)sky303 Wrote:  CNN Max gets to air CNN International back half hour programming. 

Yeah.  The entirety of the 12am to 5am CNNI block is streamed on CNN Max Mon-Fri.  On weekends, it’s 12a-6a.
[-] The following 1 user Likes inletwindow's post:
  • xlalonce

(30-09-2023, 05:35 AM)sky303 Wrote:  CNN Max gets to air CNN International back half hour programming. 

Thanks for capturing this. The press release made it sound like each hour would be a full bulletin. Was curious to see what would actually happen.

No 17:00 ET World Sport. CNN International sticking with a simulcast of CNN Newsroom’s coverage of the looming US government shutdown. CNN Max running an edition of The Whole Story.

The Whole Story also replaced the 12:00 ET edition of World Sport on CNN Max. It ran uninterrupted for 45 minutes with 15 minutes of promo fillers to round the hour.
[-] The following 1 user Likes EastCoast's post:
  • oscillon

Kind of funny the CNN Max service tuned for the US audience isn't airing the coverage of the government shutdown aversion. (for now) As CNNI has been simulcasting CNN US.
[-] The following 1 user Likes sky303's post:
  • oscillon