(04-11-2023, 11:12 AM)TMD_24 Wrote:  That's very similar to how Amanpour looked in 2013. 

youtu.be 

CNN seems to be going down the moderning the old with some of the shows, first Laura Coates with a modern version of Lark King live and now Amanpour with a nod to ten years ago for The Amanpour Hour.

Sorry my phone auto- corrected Larry so I have spelt his name totally wrong whilst being unable to edit it. 😂

First of All comes from CNNI Newsroom's Studio 4, with a design somewhat reminiscent of old Connect The World (when it was done by Lynda Kinkade from that same studio)

i.postimg.cc 

i.postimg.cc 

i.postimg.cc 
Web Image

[-] The following 3 users Like oscillon's post:
  • EastCoast, interestednovice, matthieu1221

The Chris Wallace Show I think is coming from Studio B in Washington. There's no live tag above the CNN logo suggesting the show is pre-recorded.
[-] The following 1 user Likes TMD_24's post:
  • EastCoast

Continuing the making old new trend:

First of All graphics and titles looks like a blend between At This Hour and Cuomo Prime Time

The Chris Wallace Show has a background emulating the old wood look of CNN sets past. The titles look like a rip of The Source with Kasie Hunt. The set uses the riser built for the NewsCast with Wolf Blitzer.

(04-11-2023, 03:11 PM)TMD_24 Wrote:  The Chris Wallace Show I think is coming from Studio B in Washington. There's no live tag above the CNN logo suggesting the show is pre-recorded.
Yes, it is pre-recorded from Studio B.

i.postimg.cc 
Web Image

Logo:

i.postimg.cc 
Web Image

Headlines of the show:

i.postimg.cc 
Web Image

Chris Wallace gave opening take after the headlines, here is a close-up shot of him

i.postimg.cc 
Web Image

Much-advertised Kara Swisher, as announced, made it to the panel
i.postimg.cc 
Web Image

"Coming up" has its own graphics:

i.postimg.cc 
Web Image

Both Wallace's and Amanpour's shows are pre-recorded, and both were teased at the end of Smerconish:
i.postimg.cc 
Web Image

[-] The following 4 users Like oscillon's post:
  • AJB39, bkman1990, EastCoast, matthieu1221

Here are a few of the The Amanpour Hour screengrabs

Intro:

i.postimg.cc 

i.postimg.cc 

i.postimg.cc 

Red stripes on the logo gradually animate away, so an alternative version of the logo looks like this:

i.postimg.cc 

Close-up of Christiane:

i.postimg.cc 

How the London studio looks like in The Amanpour Hour colours:

i.postimg.cc 

i.postimg.cc 

i.postimg.cc 

Yes, there was a special segment called "The Amanpour Archive", with its own  short stinger (which I failed to grab). 

Also there is a segment "Ask Amanpour" without its own stinger, but with Christiane at the long wall:

i.postimg.cc 

i.postimg.cc 
[-] The following 5 users Like oscillon's post:
  • AJB39, bkman1990, EastCoast, matthieu1221, Talkover

Looks like CNN This Morning has reverted to the New Day-esque dramatic montages
www.youtube.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes matthieu1221's post:
  • callumwatchestelly

(05-11-2023, 06:26 PM)matthieu1221 Wrote:  Looks like CNN This Morning has reverted to the New Day-esque dramatic montages
www.youtube.com 

They have had that for a while with the 5 things you need to know type intros except this one is themed around the events in Israel.
[-] The following 1 user Likes TMD_24's post:
  • oscillon

These clearly are a copy of the CBS EyeOpener from CBS Mornings.

Liking The Amanpour Hour palette and the show itself. Christiane reminds us of her strong abilities in World News.

I wish CNNI would make greater use of the London studios. They’re well appointed.