(01-11-2022, 08:34 AM)bakamann Wrote:  Anybody saw the new "CNN Newsroom" look? I'm just not feeling the new opening.
I love it.  Clearly shows the way CNN is going as a brand with the flat graphics, far better than the previous version which was way past its expiration date, 

‘CNN This Morning’ looks like it’s going to same way based on what we’ve seen so far, not long to wait now.

The music reminds me of the one used for the International Desk with Robyn Curnow before it was scrapped.

Newsroom with Max Foster and Bianca Nobilo is exactly what CNN needs. The format is straight forward world news perfectly packaged to suit to those on the move who are after grab and go digest, long missing from the schedules.

Loving it so far. Really hoping this is a turning point in the channel’s fortunes.
[-] The following 3 users Like Newsroom's post:
  • bkman1990, EastCoast, ginnyfan

A new era has begun for CNN and their morning output. Here's the opener from the first show which is off to a flying start. It's coming from Studio 19X at Hudson Yards, home to the now defunct Van Jones Show, Town Halls and other specials. For a temporary sett up it's pretty damn good.

Youtube courtesy of TVCLIPS

youtu.be 

Ah, so they're in 19X. I thought it was a virtual studio but that'll be because they're putting some physical set elements on the screens - much like BBC News in studio B.

It looks pretty good and definitely has a more conversational feel than New Day.

https://youtu.be/Wx1nAy7I9sk

Wow! Lots of stuff happening in one day, after ages of nothing.

Starting with the new look CNN Newsroom. I like it, though the previous look is hard to top. The music is similar, maybe a bit too repetitive now, hopefully there are other mixes we're yet to hear. Also I hope there's a proper, longer, opening, though I doubt it. The new city background looks more appropriate for European mornings, it's brighter and blends in better with the rest of the set.

[Image: CNN-Newsroom-01-11-2022-1.jpg]

[Image: CNN-Newsroom-01-11-2022-2.jpg]

[Image: CNN-Newsroom-01-11-2022-3.jpg]

[Image: CNN-Newsroom-01-11-2022-4.jpg]

[Image: CNN-Newsroom-01-11-2022-5.jpg]

[Image: CNN-Newsroom-01-11-2022-6.jpg]

[Image: CNN-Newsroom-01-11-2022-7.jpg]

Newsroom with Max and Bianca is the good old CNNI, that we all love and wish would return. Double headed rolling news with biz, sport and weather updates, though they don't have the weather person anymore, sadly. More of this please. The Atlanta hours of Newsroom need to go double headed as well, John and Rosie's hours are a bit of a bore to be honest. London set looks great, though the city background looks somehow dark and cold, for a morning slot. I wish CNN would do something different instead of the never ending charade of different city backgrounds. A live shot of the Newsroom, like they now do on Early Start, would be interesting. It is called Newsroom, after all, but it never had a newsroom set or background in its history.

[Image: CNN-Newsroom-01-11-2022-10.jpg]

[Image: CNN-Newsroom-01-11-2022-12.jpg]

[Image: CNN-Newsroom-01-11-2022-13.jpg]

[Image: CNN-Newsroom-01-11-2022-15.jpg]

[Image: CNN-Newsroom-01-11-2022-16.jpg]

[Image: CNN-Newsroom-01-11-2022-18.jpg]

[Image: CNN-Newsroom-01-11-2022-8.jpg]

[Image: CNN-Newsroom-01-11-2022-9.jpg]

CNN This Mornings looks nice, even in this temporary set up, which could work as a real set tbh. I really like the background incorporating many USA landmarks, not just the usual NY buildings and roofs. I'm not sure what's real and what's virtual, in many of these new sets (like BBC News at 6/10) it all looks somehow virtual. The presenting trio is a nice fresh change from the dreary final pairing of New Day. I especially like Kaitlan, butI don't expect any significant ratings increases. It is CNN after all.

[Image: CNN-This-Morning-01-11-2022-1.jpg]

[Image: CNN-This-Morning-01-11-2022-2.jpg]

[Image: CNN-This-Morning-01-11-2022-3.jpg]

[Image: CNN-This-Morning-01-11-2022-4.jpg]

[Image: CNN-This-Morning-01-11-2022-7.jpg]

[Image: CNN-This-Morning-01-11-2022-8.jpg]

CNN Newsroom with Max only, looked like another typical bulletin. I thought he was gonna be tie-less and with a less formal approach, but it didn't happen. Bianca appeared as a guest from the newsroom. They might as well do it together. Also, they are using the nighttime London background which doesn't make sense, unless it's because of Asia???

[Image: CNN-Newsroom-01-11-2022-19.jpg]

[Image: CNN-Newsroom-01-11-2022-20.jpg]

[Image: CNN-Newsroom-01-11-2022-21.jpg]

[Image: CNN-Newsroom-01-11-2022-22.jpg]

[Image: CNN-Newsroom-01-11-2022-23.jpg]

All in all, some very good, if not great, changes and finally some attention payed to CNNI. I wonder if new graphics are in store for both channels, the current set is a decade old but still looks fresh and does what it's supposed to do. Now CNNI needs to fix its late afternoon/early evening line up. Abu Dhabi urgently needs a decent set. One World needs to go and Quest needs to get out of the broom cupboard . I don't expect late evenings or overnights to ever go back to CNNI so the US simulcasts are just something we have to accept.
[-] The following 7 users Like ginnyfan's post:
  • bkman1990, EastCoast, matthieu1221, Medianext.MX, sky303, Talkover, TVFan

I am surprised how CNN This Morning launched, very low-key and with few publicity: only promotional advertising, with no sneak peeks or clues. But the format is quite a departure on that of New Day. It is quite similar (as expected) to Morning Joe and CBS This Morning, but less focused on conversations and more on the news. And, in respect with ratings, I don't think CNN is trying to make a show a ratings winner, but a more credible show that can (and will) develop a loyal audience, similar to how CBS This Morning behaved in the ratings. Licht was (is) insistent ratings would play a second fiddle to credibility at the cost of its rivals, and I understand this decision; but whether CNN This Morning will eventually increase New Day's audience remains to be seen.

Here's a look at NewscastStudio's take on the debut:

www.newscaststudio.com 

youtu.be 

CNN This Morning seems to be hopefully going for a busy news feel with some newsmakers and interviews, and some lighter items as well. More CBS This Mornings old format than say Morning Joe or the old New Day format. I think it looks alright, I wish that was the permeant studio it doesn't look bad. I think I'll still prefer HLN's Morning Express though, but this wasn't bad so far.
[-] The following 1 user Likes sky303's post:
  • Medianext.MX

Well the new look shows are great so far. I really do like the refresh to International Newsroom and it's a shame the US look cannot keep up with the times because International is how you do it. It's good that some elements of the old International look has been kept in the design and it blends in well with some of the refreshed bits. It still makes a fantastic look in the London Studio and I think Atlanta looks even better with it as well.

Presenting wise, Max and Bianca were as great together as you would expect them to be and from the bits I saw of CNN This Morning, I think the three of them are building a good chemistry just from the first show. I do like the temporary set so hopefully the theme we saw today is the theme we are going to see when they move to their permanent studio.
[-] The following 2 users Like TMD_24's post:
  • EastCoast, Medianext.MX