(31-12-2023, 07:08 PM)Global TV Wrote:  They have also done it last year

If I’m remembering correctly, they did some NYE coverage last year but it wasn’t non-stop rolling, it dropped in and out with domestic simulcasts throughout the day.
[-] The following 1 user Likes alex.w's post:
  • interestednovice

(31-12-2023, 07:10 PM)alex.w Wrote:  If I’m remembering correctly, they did some NYE coverage last year but it wasn’t non-stop rolling, it dropped in and out with domestic simulcasts throughout the day.

I remember there were Kristie in HK, Becky in Dubai and Christina Macfarlane in LND. Not sure if any thing else in the between though.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Global TV's post:
  • interestednovice

Lynda Kinkade was the main anchor from the big Atlanta set last year.
[-] The following 3 users Like ginnyfan's post:
  • AJB39, alex.w, interestednovice

(31-12-2023, 07:58 PM)ginnyfan Wrote:  Lynda Kinkade was the main anchor from the big Atlanta set last year.

As she is again this year seeing in the European New Year. I could be wrong but I don’t think CNN will give this level of coverage to New Year’s Eve when it falls on a weekday again next year. The last two years it’s fallen at the weekend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes AJB39's post:
  • interestednovice

CNN coverage has all gone well until they start simulcasting Anderson and Andy with a screwed up flashy feed. Now fixed thankfully!

Looks like they have allowed Anderson and Andy to drink alcohol again this year!
[-] The following 4 users Like TMD_24's post:
  • alex.w, EastCoast, interestednovice, oscillon

(01-01-2024, 02:02 AM)TMD_24 Wrote:  CNN coverage has all gone well until they start simulcasting Anderson and Andy with a screwed up flashy feed. Now fixed thankfully!

They’re struggling to figure out how to get the logo on the CNNI feed, can’t get the LIVE to show up it seems. Still some flashy glitches too. Too bad, everything was pretty great until then! (Besides the glitches with their reporter in Portugal)

And the alcohol is back this year!
[-] The following 2 users Like alex.w's post:
  • interestednovice, oscillon

The logo is now on the CNNI Feed

[-] The following 3 users Like Michael Wotton's post:
  • alex.w, interestednovice, oscillon

Rosemary Church anchored 2 hours of Newsroom from CNN Center today, she tweeted earlier that she’d be there as well.

I still don’t understand why they’re normally in the broom closet at Techwood these days, when CNN Center Studio 4 is still available, and it’s being used on weekends for CNN This Morning, for World Sport during the week, and apparently on days like today. Why the need for the broom closet at all; why not just wait until the newly built studio is ready at Techwood?
[-] The following 1 user Likes alex.w's post:
  • interestednovice

(01-01-2024, 10:01 AM)alex.w Wrote:  Rosemary Church anchored 2 hours of Newsroom from CNN Center today, she tweeted earlier that she’d be there as well.

That's weird, IIRC, there were talks that CNN would completely vacate the buiding by the end of 2023... obviously, those plans have been altered

Meanwhile, despite New Year, CNN London is back from the cupboard to its big studio, with Max Foster doing a second, additional, hour at 5am ET from it.
Originally, it was planned to be a CNN Heroes repeat on CNNI, with CNN/US airing a NYE repeat and not having any live programming at all until 6am ET. Sadly, earthquake in Japan happened , so changes were swiftly implemented, including CNN/US dropping NYE repeat and simulcasting CNNI since 3:30 am ET.
[-] The following 1 user Likes oscillon's post:
  • interestednovice

Max is now also doing CNN This Morning from London. I assume it was supposed to be a taped show today but they decided to stick to CNNI for breaking news.

I wish they would always use this nice London background.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[-] The following 3 users Like ginnyfan's post:
  • interestednovice, matthieu1221, oscillon