(06-11-2022, 01:44 PM)matthieu1221 Wrote:  Which team handles the new (or actually the reinstatement) of Max's half-hour later in the morning?

The next team in. The show is 3 hours after the Bianca/Max hour ends. That same team (at least those in Atlanta) def handles other shows. Think CTW, etc....

OVN team handles the 5-hour programming block into weekdays, which can be 6 or 7 hours into weekends.

(06-11-2022, 01:54 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  One would assume it's London knowing that it along with NYC and Techwood are utilising entirely IP to operate production. CNN now has back up operations at three locations whereas that was not the case 18 months ago being entirely reliant on Atlanta and ageing technology.

London is involved some. The bulk of staff for most shows is in Atlanta. Techwood move has not happened yet, so not really sure what you mean by Techwood.

(06-11-2022, 03:28 PM)inletwindow Wrote:  
(06-11-2022, 01:44 PM)matthieu1221 Wrote:  Which team handles the new (or actually the reinstatement) of Max's half-hour later in the morning?

The next team in.  The show is 3 hours after the Bianca/Max hour ends.  That same team (at least those in Atlanta) def handles other shows.  Think CTW, etc....   

OVN team handles the 5-hour programming block into weekdays, which can be 6 or 7 hours into weekends.

(06-11-2022, 01:54 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  One would assume it's London knowing that it along with NYC and Techwood are utilising entirely IP to operate production. CNN now has back up operations at three locations whereas that was not the case 18 months ago being entirely reliant on Atlanta and ageing technology.

London is involved some.  The bulk of staff for most shows is in Atlanta. Techwood move has not happened yet, so not really sure what you mean by Techwood.
[/quote]

Hey, you misread. I didn’t say the move to Techwood had happened. I did say Techwood is fully functional what is becoming an industry standard - broadcasting over IP. 

Are you a CNNer or avid fan? Would be great to know we have a resident CNNer among us. 

My info comes from friends working at CNN, somethings I can post, somethings I can’t.

Looks like $100m of cuts are going to be found at CNN's budget meaning job losses and targeting of some US shows.

twitter.com 

(06-11-2022, 08:24 PM)TMD_24 Wrote:  Looks like $100m of cuts are going to be found at CNN's budget meaning job losses and targeting of some US shows.

twitter.com 
Wow! Just read the whole thing. That’s shocking to say the least! Predictions that CNNi will be one of the hardest hit with even more simulcasting of Domestic.  The possible closure of HLN altogether. 

Other highlights.

No anchor or correspondent travel unless associated with Breaking News.

No more booking of external studios.

All down the line interviews to be conducted over WebEx.

Shows and Anchors already under review.

No anchor travels unless breaking news? What would that mean for Richard Quest?? He flies more than I do and I work for an airline!
[-] The following 4 users Like gman's post:
  • bkman1990, EastCoast, matthieu1221, Newsroom

(06-11-2022, 08:44 PM)gman Wrote:  No anchor travels unless breaking news? What would that mean for Richard Quest?? He flies more than I do and I work for an airline!
I’m sure Business Traveller will be safe, it generates a lot of ad income. 

I was wondering what that meant too: it’s not as if any of the main show anchors are flying around the country or world outside of major stories.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Newsroom's post:
  • Jeff

(06-11-2022, 08:36 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  
(06-11-2022, 08:24 PM)TMD_24 Wrote:  Looks like $100m of cuts are going to be found at CNN's budget meaning job losses and targeting of some US shows.

twitter.com 
Wow! Just read the whole thing. That’s shocking to say the least! Predictions that CNNi will be one of the hardest hit with even more simulcasting of Domestic.  The possible closure of HLN altogether. 

Other highlights.

No anchor or correspondent travel unless associated with Breaking News.

No more booking of external studios.

All down the line interviews to be conducted over WebEx.

Shows and Anchors already under review.

That's terrible. Already that CNN doesn't have the same worldwide reach of correspondents that competitors such as Al Jazeera seem to have... will be a shame if they aren't authorized to travel barring Breaking News (also what would count as breaking news?)

I hope that rather than simulcasting more of CNN Domestic on CNNi, they scrap Early Start, daytime Domestic Newsroom editions and have more international+domestic Newsroom editions (like the overnight hours plus the revamped Nobilo/Foster slot).

Also, if the focus isn't about ratings and advertisers, seems counterintuitive to be asking such dramatic cuts? Focus should go back to the ratings if failing that, the network goes into managed declined instead. Can't have quality reporting with this level of cuts.

Am I in a BBC thread??? This sounds painfully familiar. At what point do CNNI and CNN US just merge????

(06-11-2022, 08:59 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  
(06-11-2022, 08:44 PM)gman Wrote:  No anchor travels unless breaking news? What would that mean for Richard Quest?? He flies more than I do and I work for an airline!
I’m sure Business Traveller will be safe, it generates a lot of ad income. 

I was wondering what that meant too: it’s not as if any of the main show anchors are flying around the country or world outside of major stories.

I wonder if it means the likes of not anchoring on location from calendar events like Davos WEF for example.

For context and clarity, I’ve plucked the following small paragraph from the full article which goes into much more depth and well worth signing up for.

“Meanwhile, Gunnar this week sent a memo to WBD’s top financial officers to “absolutely” stop all non-discretionary spending for the rest of the year. In accordance, Licht has suspended all anchor and correspondent travel that is not related to breaking news. Michael Bass, CNN’s executive vice president of newsgathering, wrote in a memo this week there would be “no more travel for any enterprise pieces and no anchor travel,” and no booking of outside studios. “All remote interviews should be done on Webex,” he wrote, referring to the videoconferencing service, and the network should not pay for travel for guests and contributors, a drastic departure that reminded some media insiders of the days when Condé Nast replaced town car vouchers with MetroCard flex accounts”.

It’s an upsetting read for anyone working at CNN at a time when everyone will be working their guts off to produce another two weeks of election coverage.
[-] The following 2 users Like Newsroom's post:
  • bkman1990, Kojak