(09-02-2024, 08:43 PM)mouseboy33 Wrote:  The glimpses of the set it does look pretty decent. Either they got a completely new set or they heavily updated the Studio 7 set. But under that plastic bit it looks like sofa area. There seems to be yellow on the cubbies and the sofa itself. Unusual. We shall see.

Yes, it does look pretty good.

Certainly a proper set and not a glorified “flash studio with extra furniture” as I had feared in a worst-case scenario.

I know this is a weird time to bring this up, but the sofa seen in Studio 7 for the 10+ years from 2012 until last year did appear to be the same sofa, so lots of the Studio 7 set elements were very old. I don’t think they are going to be able to reuse much as a result.
[-] The following 1 user Likes interestednovice's post:
  • mouseboy33

(09-02-2024, 10:51 PM)interestednovice Wrote:  I know this is a weird time to bring this up, but the sofa seen in Studio 7 for the 10+ years from 2012 until last year did appear to be the same sofa, so lots of the Studio 7 set elements were very old. I don’t think they are going to be able to reuse much as a result.

The sofa was one element that could be changed out very easily rather than something like a wall. But Studio 7 was quite large. CNN TURNER HQ is probably going to be significantly smaller than CNN CENTER's expansive studio. Knowing CNN, quite a few programmes will probably originate from the FlashCam rooms. They are cheap, fast and easy to operate. Seems like they are going to have a bunch of those rooms ready to go from Atlanta. Cuts down costs than operating a huge studio. So get ready to be disappointed soon after they premiere the nice new set. Sorry, just guess since the channel has a huge overlords now they are gonna look at everything not in NYC or DC
[-] The following 1 user Likes mouseboy33's post:
  • interestednovice

Even though Studio 7 was at the end of its life, it really didn’t look dated. Outside of a couple of new video walls a lot of the original components were still there. Part of why I was hoping to see the set relocated was because it felt like Studio 7 only had a few good years before CNN Domestic fled to New York and HLN butchered the set during the Daily Share era. The final iteration of Studio 7 worked well for Morning Express and CNN Newsroom.

Historically, Atlanta rarely resorts to flash sets, even when covering a show like Connect the World. Hopefully that pattern continues in this new studio.

The sneak peak looks nice. I like the softer and warmer look, such as the wood tones in the floor. As for the yellow accents and sofa I’m quite intrigued. I can’t quite figure out what show would use a sofa.

All this excitement around Atlanta has me hoping that Jim Acosta’s replacement is based in Atlanta. Having the full weekend team/the 8-10 Max team in Atlanta makes a lot of sense.
[-] The following 2 users Like EastCoast's post:
  • interestednovice, matthieu1221

(09-02-2024, 08:43 PM)mouseboy33 Wrote:  It seems they are calling it TURNER BROADCAST STUDIOS or TURNER HQ. Maybe we should be using their naming convention since it was officially christened TURNER TECHWOOD STUDIOS as an homage to Ted Turner. The glimpses of the set it does look pretty decent. Either they got a completely new set or they heavily updated the Studio 7 set. But under that plastic bit it looks like sofa area. There seems to be yellow on the cubbies and the sofa itself. Unusual. We shall see. Anything is better than the old cobbled together mess that currently is being used at the shutter CNN Center on the weekends. Those night shots of TURNER TECHWOOD looks great across to the Atlanta Skyline. Weird they are back there. Buts their spiritual home. But its been significantly expanded since it was only the centre bit where the golf course club house used to be (the columns building).

It’s most commonly referred to as just Techwood.
Don’t think I’ve ever heard it called “Turner HQ,” especially since the Turner Broadcasting name is gone now.

I wonder if CNN will refer to it by name as anything on air, like they mentioned CNN Center. If so… what would they call it? Who knows.

Techwood is just fine though as shorthand.
[-] The following 2 users Like inletwindow's post:
  • EastCoast, interestednovice

Well the control room/gallery screen in the flashcam post from Rosemary actually says TURNER STUDIOS . Rosemary Church refers to it as TURNER HQ and TURNER STUDIOS in her Insta post. And the complex was indeed dedicated and renamed in tribute and honour of CNN and TURNER Broadcasting Founder Ted Turner. Think I'll use TURNER HQ. On air anything is Atlanta doesnt exist. They refused to say CNN Center so its unlikely they will mention Turner Techwood or anything remotely connected to Atlanta. But you can tell the Atlanta workforce still has respect for Ted. Sad.

www.fox5atlanta.com 

www.bizjournals.com 

atlanta.curbed.com 

kpsgroup.com 

www.midtownatl.com 
[-] The following 3 users Like mouseboy33's post:
  • conrad73, interestednovice, Michael 18

They said CNN Center plenty. Maybe not as much as the old days — but still quite a lot… especially in CNNI intros.

So. CNN’s immediate parent company for many many years used to be the Turner Broadcasting System, or just Turner for short.

So officially Techwood was the Turner Broadcasting Techwood Campus. Usually just shorthanded as Techwood or the Techwood Campus… sometimes Turner Techwood or the Turner Techwood Campus, etc. Some people simply called it Turner.

When AT&T bought Time Warner (which owned Turner) — the Turner Broadcasting name died. It became WarnerMedia.

But some of the divisions within the company kept Turner in the name…. Like Turner Sports or Turner Studios.

The whole campus is not called Turner Studios though.

Despite that dedication you linked to, no one really calls it the Ted Turner Campus.

If people still refer to it as Turner at all it’s probably more to do with it having the Turner name historically than any dedication that many staff may not have even been aware of.

Nowadays you see “Warner Brothers Discovery” branding all over the place — including on the sign out front.

Not everyone calls it the same thing, but I think the most common term is just to just say Techwood.

Totally up to you though. Call it whatever you want Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes inletwindow's post:
  • interestednovice

Speaking of new studios, has there been any indication as to what the CNN Weather Center will look like at (choose from the list above). We now know of 1 real studio and 1 flash set thanks to Rosemary. Neither of those seem like they’ll be the permanent home of weather. Also wondering if there is another smaller studio in the works, or if the weekend World Sports will end up using the flash set while Fred is in the real studio.

Something to look forward to in April, I suppose.
[-] The following 1 user Likes EastCoast's post:
  • interestednovice

(11-02-2024, 12:29 AM)EastCoast Wrote:  Speaking of new studios, has there been any indication as to what the CNN Weather Center will look like at (choose from the list above). We now know of 1 real studio and 1 flash set thanks to Rosemary. Neither of those seem like they’ll be the permanent home of weather. Also wondering if there is another smaller studio in the works, or if the weekend World Sports will end up using the flash set while Fred is in the real studio.

Something to look forward to in April, I suppose.

Maybe there will be a second real studio? I doubt that CNN En Español will broadcast all day from a flash studio.
[-] The following 2 users Like Lec_Ver16's post:
  • oscillon, Talkover

(12-02-2024, 01:11 PM)Lec_Ver16 Wrote:  Maybe there will be a second real studio? I doubt that CNN En Español will broadcast all day from a flash studio.

Didnt CNN relocate CNN En Espanol to its Mexico City bureau?

Newscaststudio did an article on how CNN handled the audio only Supreme Court coverage last week.

www.newscaststudio.com 
[-] The following 3 users Like mouseboy33's post:
  • interestednovice, Michael 18, oscillon

(12-02-2024, 01:47 PM)mouseboy33 Wrote:  Didnt CNN relocate CNN En Espanol to its Mexico City bureau?

Newscaststudio did an article on how CNN handled the audio only Supreme Court coverage last week.

www.newscaststudio.com 

Months before the relocation of the Main Newsroom of US/Intl, CNNE mothballed both atlanta & miami jobs, almost all of the shows are done now in broom cupboards ever since, and the main weekday and primetime newscasts are done in tiny studios in Mx (MX has now an ugly green screen studio) and Buenos Aires (except Fernando del Rincon's Conclusiones, which is made in a room of what appears to be Fernando's house, converted into a "studio")
[-] The following 2 users Like xlalonce's post:
  • interestednovice, Lec_Ver16