The newsrooms are far emptier than they were pre-pandemic, so seeing them isn't terribly exciting.  On any given day, plenty of people are working from home. I expect WFH is here to stay.  It was never a thing for CNNers before (at least among those who worked in the newsroom). 

Regarding layoffs -- if Dylan Byers is correct, they won't notify people of the layoffs until early December, even though management already knows who and what are being cut.  That's pretty cruel, to drag this out for another 2-3 weeks. 

Chris Licht will definitely address this at the town hall on Tuesday -- so let's see what he says.  Depending on what he says, I'd expect outlets other than Puck to cover it as well...  That sort of thing will get leaked in a second.

CNN has returned today to the Virgin Media platform in the Republic of Ireland after been pulled from the platform last year. It now includes Replay TV meaning the last 7 days programming can be watched on demand.
[-] The following 3 users Like AJB39's post:
  • AllanTheScot, bkman1990, Hellsloot

Hi what channel is CNN on the Virgin Media Platform

(15-11-2022, 08:03 PM)Michael 18 Wrote:  Hi what channel is CNN on the Virgin Media Platform

It’s channel 205 on the Irish Virgin Media 360 box.
[-] The following 2 users Like AJB39's post:
  • bkman1990, Michael 18

Well that is good news. In SD or HD? Hopefully Virgin Media UK viewers might get it back too.

(15-11-2022, 08:29 PM)AllanTheScot Wrote:  Well that is good news. In SD or HD? Hopefully Virgin Media UK viewers might get it back too.

It’s in SD as far as I can tell.

Interesting behind the scenes look at the newsroom that's not a newsroom!

www.instagram.com =
[-] The following 3 users Like gman's post:
  • EastCoast, matthieu1221, Newsroom

(15-11-2022, 11:20 PM)gman Wrote:  Interesting behind the scenes look at the newsroom that's not a newsroom!

www.instagram.com =
I still find it quite fascinating just how small studios actually are when we see footage like this. The A360 set which is directly in front of the Newsroom set looked absolutely huge when used for the elections last week when the AR is added. The floor space with the election stars too gave the impression it was much bigger than it actually is.

Thanks for sharing, the studio and desk are definitely an upgrade compared to the newsroom studio. It’s a shame they’re trying to pretend they’re still in the newsroom and are stuck with tight shots instead of being able to use wide shots with guests or just to open or close the show.

Also to document schedule changes:
Alisyn Camerota is back with Victor Blackwell from 2-4pm
Jake Tapper is back on The Lead from 4-6pm
Anderson Cooper is covering the 9pm hour
Laura Coates is hosting CNN Tonight solo 10pm to 12am.
[-] The following 2 users Like EastCoast's post:
  • bkman1990, matthieu1221

So that newsroom background is always a live shot, not some recorded footage? That's an ok replacement, if we can't get the real newsroom set anymore, which is always a shame. I wish BBC World did that for studio C.