'Some' insight into last night's staff Town Hall.

variety.com 

The quote below is from the Insider (Pay wall) and will be of interest to those like myself concerned over the demise of CNNi.

"CNN will be investing in primetime, mornings, and digital, said the company insider, who suggested there are discussions around bringing US viewers more of CNN International's coverage and vice versa."

www.businessinsider.com 

(16-11-2022, 03:27 AM)EastCoast Wrote:  Thanks for sharing, the studio and desk are definitely an upgrade compared to the newsroom studio. It’s a shame they’re trying to pretend they’re still in the newsroom and are stuck with tight shots instead of being able to use wide shots with guests or just to open or close the show.

Also to document schedule changes:
Alisyn Camerota is back with Victor Blackwell from 2-4pm
Jake Tapper is back on The Lead from 4-6pm
Anderson Cooper is covering the 9pm hour
Laura Coates is hosting CNN Tonight solo 10pm to 12am.

I hope Berman and Keilar get their slots. They deserve better IMO

(16-11-2022, 10:44 AM)Newsroom Wrote:  'Some' insight into last night's staff Town Hall.

variety.com 

The quote below is from the Insider (Pay wall) and will be of interest to those like myself concerned over the demise of CNNi.

"CNN will be investing in primetime, mornings, and digital, said the company insider, who suggested there are discussions around bringing US viewers more of CNN International's coverage and vice versa."

www.businessinsider.com 

I'd read that as primetime and morning CNN US simulcasts on CNNi not going away anytime soon.

The relaunch of the Nobilo/Foster duo on both CNNi and CNN US would be, in my view, what more CNN intl coverage on CNN US would look like.

(16-11-2022, 02:13 PM)matthieu1221 Wrote:  
(16-11-2022, 10:44 AM)Newsroom Wrote:  'Some' insight into last night's staff Town Hall.

variety.com 

www.businessinsider.com 

I'd read that as primetime and morning CNN US simulcasts on CNNi not going away anytime soon.

The relaunch of the Nobilo/Foster duo on both CNNi and CNN US would be, in my view, what more CNN intl coverage on CNN US would look like.
'There are discussions about bringing US viewers more of CNN International's coverage' is enough to at least give us encouragement that we might get some of the Domestic slots filled with CNNi output. Bring back the days of 'Around The World'.

vimeo.com 

Laura Jarrett is leaving CNN and moving to NBC News

variety.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes EastCoast's post:
  • Newsroom

I don't think they will replace her on Early Start. They have ran that solo for months when she went on maternity leave and I only think they have been doubled-headed for a week when Omar Jimenez joined Christine. If CNN wants to go down the route of more Simulcasting International and US together then perhaps Early Start becomes one of the first victims of that.

(16-11-2022, 07:13 PM)TMD_24 Wrote:  I don't think they will replace her on Early Start. They have ran that solo for months when she went on maternity leave and I only think they have been doubled-headed for a week when Omar Jimenez joined Christine. If CNN wants to go down the route of more Simulcasting International and US together then perhaps Early Start becomes one of the first victims of that.

If I recall correctly, ever since the pandemic, Early Start has temporarily (then permanently) been shortened to 1 hour. The simulcast London dual-anchoring hour being that hour. Would only make sense as I previously said to extend it.
[-] The following 2 users Like matthieu1221's post:
  • AJB39, EastCoast

CNN's New Year coverage may not contain much booze, according to Variety:
variety.com 

Update: Well, sort of, if discounting Andy Cohen:
Quote:There’s this story circulating that the new CNN chief, Chris Licht, wants more sobriety on CNN’s New Year’s Eve. And that you sort of pushed back on that on Watch What Happens Live and said you were going to “party harder” than ever. Were you kidding, or are you serious?

I’m not [kidding]. What [Chris Licht] said was that he didn’t want the correspondents out there drinking, but that he wanted Anderson [Cooper] and I to do our thing. So I’m happy to do our thing. My only directive for years on CNN has been to have fun on New Year’s Eve, and that is absolutely what I plan to do.
(THR)

Watch this space...
WestKnightTV - on DeviantArt

Christine Romans is one of few truly likeable domestic anchors so I hope there's a place for her somewhere in the morning schedule, she can be a biz reporter on the extended London Newsroom.
[-] The following 2 users Like ginnyfan's post:
  • Charles, Newsroom

Martin Savidge is in for Boris Sanchez this weekend on CNN's 'This Morning' and is therefore sat next to Amara Walker. The difference it makes to them being in the same studio is felt ten-fold. Show feels warm, made me want to watch for longer than I usually would. There are studio guests, loads of weather, and more importantly simple chemistry between both anchors. I just wonder how much longer we'll have to suffer the ridiculously hard to watch shows co hosted from different locations.

I for one find the weekday segments of Newsroom unwatchable. When compared to the Camerota/Blackwall segment - plain obvious what works and what doesn't.

[Image: IMG_0748.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users Like Newsroom's post:
  • EastCoast, matthieu1221