Martin Savidge is back at CNN? I had no idea! Is he still with his pocket square? If not, it’s not the real Martin Savidge.

(19-11-2022, 02:19 PM)JamesWorldNews Wrote:  Martin Savidge is back at CNN? I had no idea! Is he still with his pocket square? If not, it’s not the real Martin Savidge.

I'm not sure he ever left. He's appeared less frequently for sure, but has cropped up over the last few weeks and still listed as National Correspondent at CNN. I uploaded a pic to my previous post.

(19-11-2022, 02:14 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  Martin Savidge is in for Boris Sanchez this weekend on CNN's 'This Morning' and is therefore sat next to Amara Walker. The difference it makes to them being in the same studio is felt ten-fold. Show feels warm, made me want to watch for longer than I usually would. There are studio guests, loads of weather, and more importantly simple chemistry between both anchors. I just wonder how much longer we'll have to suffer the ridiculously hard to watch shows co hosted from different locations.

I for one find the weekday segments of Newsroom unwatchable. When compared to the Camerota/Blackwall segment - plain obvious what works and what doesn't.

[Image: IMG_0748.jpg]

Even for news anchors with loads of charisma it's hard to co-anchor from different locations. Boris Sanchez, on the other hand, is the opposite of that and he would be cold and bland even if he was in the same studio with Amara. So it's more than just the location that's wrong here. Some reporters are just not made for anchoring and we have seen that proven on CNN many times, over the years. 

I haven't seen Amara and Martin but I can imagine they had a great time co-anchoring, just like it was with Amara and Michael.

The New York Times has published a long read on the failed merger between AT&T and Time Warner and the inevitable culture clash.

Amongst its many details is that Jeff Zucker secured a budget of $350 million for the launch of CNN+.  The article also alleges that AT&T executives proposed firing Jeff Zucker to secure regulatory approval from the Trump Administration.

www.nytimes.com 

Quote:In June, Mr. Zucker made a presentation in Dallas to AT&T’s board, asking to approve the CNN+ launch and for $350 million to spend on it, which he got.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Omnipresent's post:
  • Medianext.MX

I have noticed that someone who hasn't appeared for a few weeks is Pamela Brown. She said on the 30th October that she would be back for her normal Newsroom shows the following weekend but she was replaced by Alex Marquardt and despite being listed as being part of the election coverage, Brianna Keilar did her role at the Voting Desk instead and is covering for her tonight.

I know she is still reporting on stories online since she published one yesterday but she hasn't appeared on-screen since last month which makes me wonder if she is ok? I don't really want to speculate what it is but hopefully she will be back soon.

EDIT: She did appear on screen with an interview with a Kentucky congressman but she is not again presenting tonignt.

(20-11-2022, 12:25 AM)TMD_24 Wrote:  I have noticed that someone who hasn't appeared for a few weeks is Pamela Brown. She said on the 30th October that she would be back for her normal Newsroom shows the following weekend but she was replaced by Alex Marquardt and despite being listed as being part of the election coverage, Brianna Keilar did her role at the Voting Desk instead and is covering for her tonight.

I know she is still reporting on stories online since she published one yesterday but she hasn't appeared on-screen since last month which makes me wonder if she is ok? I don't really want to speculate what it is but hopefully she will be back soon.

Oddly enough, just as I read your post, Brianna Keilar introduced an exclusive interview Pamela Brown did with Rep. James Comer (Kentucky).

(19-11-2022, 02:14 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  Martin Savidge is in for Boris Sanchez this weekend on CNN's 'This Morning' and is therefore sat next to Amara Walker. The difference it makes to them being in the same studio is felt ten-fold. Show feels warm, made me want to watch for longer than I usually would. There are studio guests, loads of weather, and more importantly simple chemistry between both anchors. I just wonder how much longer we'll have to suffer the ridiculously hard to watch shows co hosted from different locations.

I for one find the weekday segments of Newsroom unwatchable. When compared to the Camerota/Blackwall segment - plain obvious what works and what doesn't.

[Image: IMG_0748.jpg]

Would love to have Newsroom pivot more back to Atlanta, that's more of my big wishful thinking.  Nice to see Martin Savidge co-anchoring. I kind of think they should shuffle and have this be the team and have Boris Sanchez do a different time.

(19-11-2022, 11:03 PM)Omnipresent Wrote:  The New York Times has published a long read on the failed merger between AT&T and Time Warner and the inevitable culture clash…The article also alleges that AT&T executives proposed firing Jeff Zucker to secure regulatory approval from the Trump Administration.
This is a fascinating insight into the whole saga. Even though AT&T is playing off the delay in the merger as a reason for the failure it’s clear that owning Time Warner was a bad move from the beginning. One key takeaway is that WBD’s current strategy seems to be what Time Warner was doing pre-AT&T, with tighter budgets.

If this article intended to warm us to WBD and see them as the savior in this that is not how I feel. WBD has a huge task ahead of them, and they’ve got a lot of properties to make whole and relevant again. I don’t see CNN being a front runner in that priority list.

(20-11-2022, 12:25 AM)TMD_24 Wrote:  I have noticed that someone who hasn't appeared for a few weeks is Pamela Brown.
Thanks for pointing this out, I noticed she’d been missing the past few weekends but didn’t catch that she was missing from Election Day coverage. Pam Brown could definitely be a contender for a dayside shift (maybe paired with Jim Sciutto) so hopefully she’s okay and her absence is for positive reasons.

(20-11-2022, 02:57 AM)sky303 Wrote:  
(19-11-2022, 02:14 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  [Image: IMG_0748.jpg]
Would love to have Newsroom pivot more back to Atlanta.
Great seeing Martin in the anchor chair, but what a disappointing visual for the weekend version of their flagship morning show that screen cap is. Using the same brick set and background from New Day Weekend, which you’re trying to distance yourself from, is a choice. 

Regarding moving back to Atlanta, it makes more sense to move Amara to DC at this point. Either way, CTMW needs to be fully in Atlanta or DC to end this dual city nonsense.

CNN's head of programming, Michael Bass, is leaving the company at the end of the year.

twitter.com 

Another great piece on Chris Licht's leadership to date and CNN's prospects for the future.

Courtesy of the FT. (A couple of articles are free)

www.ft.com