Well, if that's the only hour that's axed, than it's not that bad. The Global Brief without Bianca is nothing special, plus we are used to Wolf and US coverage at these late night hours anyway.

As for HLN, without its Morning show, what's the point of this channel anyway? Why can't they just close it down and save more money that way and maybe fire less people over on domestic and International. Plus, why not move Robin and her morning show over on CNN US, since she seems to actually have an audience, unlike many of CNN US' failed attempts at morning shows.

Ana Cabrera leaving is not a loss. I'm sorry for the others, but Kosik was never that good really. Martin Savidge was great and should have stayed, especially with his recent weekend morning appearance.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ginnyfan's post:
  • benzj

Susan Glasseer, Chris Cillizza, Alison Kosik and Mary Ann Fox out as well.

twitter.com 

Personally i wont miss any commentators. Far too many. And the reliance on them for coverage throughout the day has been shocking. Its not usual. Many French news channels utilize and stable of commentators for hours of daily coverage. Just not my personal cup of tea.

(01-12-2022, 04:48 PM)mouseboy33 Wrote:  Seems like HLN and Morning Express is on on the chopping block. What remains after the his round of layoffs will be interesting.

variety.com 

That's the worst news, Robin Meade has lasted through all their bad mergers and bad HLN moves. She hosted their best (read better than any CNN) morning show. It was a nice format too.
[-] The following 5 users Like sky303's post:
  • bkman1990, CNN1992, EastCoast, matthieu1221, Newsroom

There's confirmation about HLN's Morning and Weekend Express 
www.thedailybeast.com 

Quote:“Beginning December 6, CNN will no longer produce live programming for HLN and instead will simulcast CNN This Morning. HLN Crime programming will move under the WBD Networks led by Kathleen Finch and will be merged with ID,” Licht wrote. “I want to take a moment to thank Robin Meade— she is not only an exceptionally popular anchor, but also one of the longest-running morning hosts in history. I know the HLN audience will miss her and the other HLN talent.”

(01-12-2022, 08:33 PM)sky303 Wrote:  
(01-12-2022, 04:48 PM)mouseboy33 Wrote:  Seems like HLN and Morning Express is on on the chopping block. What remains after the his round of layoffs will be interesting.

variety.com 

That's the worst news, Robin Meade has lasted through all their bad mergers and bad HLN moves. She hosted their best (read better than any CNN) morning show. It was a nice format too.

They should've moved her to replace New Day and gotten Chris Wallace or someone of a similar caliber to do a more politics-heavy interview at some point in the show. Would be something that might not lose the entire (small) current CNN morning audience, bring over those from HLN and keep some politics and heavier news in the mornings.

Axing the (Global) Brief presumably removes a team that was only around for that show? Least bad choice... especially how YWT is never coming back at this rate.
[-] The following 1 user Likes matthieu1221's post:
  • sky303

(01-12-2022, 07:30 PM)ginnyfan Wrote:  As for HLN, without its Morning show, what's the point of this channel anyway? Why can't they just close it down and save more money that way and maybe fire less people over on domestic and International. Plus, why not move Robin and her morning show over on CNN US, since she seems to actually have an audience, unlike many of CNN US' failed attempts at morning shows.

I'm sure they crunched the numbers, and determined that -- at least for now -- it's better to keep it running.
Sounds like it'll be a home to true crime stuff like Forensics Files.... which it already was except for Morning Express. It'll become another flavor of the "Investigation Discovery" channel.

I wouldn't be surprised if they completely rebrand soon and change the name away from HLN forever. Kind of like how the original Court TV became TruTV. TruTV initially had a block of live programming called In Session, which eventually got phased out.

Or maybe they eventually sell the channel? There were rumors years ago about selling it to Vice.
[-] The following 1 user Likes inletwindow's post:
  • benzj

more gone

twitter.com 

If this is correct, about 400 roles are going. Some of the behind the scenes team for shows are being asked to work on multiple shows now.

www.businessinsider.com 

HLN didn't air Robin Meade's show this morning , so, I guess there's not going to be a good bye on air, that's a shame for someone who had been with them for 21 years. "Weekend Express" is not the schedule anymore either, so it's last edition was November 20th (HLN took Thanksgiving weekend off). I didn't see anything about if they let Susan Hendricks go too.

It again seems that the people who run CNN really just don't like the Atlanta part and this is them further decimating it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes sky303's post:
  • mouseboy33