Eurovision Song Contest 2023

(08-02-2023, 12:44 PM)DeMarkay Wrote:  
(08-02-2023, 12:36 PM)orange Wrote:  That makes more sense! My mistake.

I assume it’s because they released it on iPlayer first and it’s a BBC Three show - most of the audience will be viewing it that way anyway and they probably want more locals getting into the build-up of ESC.

The Eurovision Draw was on BBC Two.

The original discussion was about the Eurovision draw repeat replacing Bad Education.

Yes, I did indeed mean dated in that that draw programme itself is now "old news" - im a Eurovision fan, don't worry!

It was broadcast live on BBC Two at 7pm originally on 31st Jan. I just wonder what the thinking was to the re-broadcasting of an old programme, to replace a network show mid-series. (Bad Education episode 4). Does that mean BBC NW will show episode 4 next week...?

Some interesting video from Italy's pre-selection. Last years Eurovision participatant Blanco totally loses it live on air when his IEM malfunctions, trashing the stage...
youtu.be 

(08-02-2023, 07:47 PM)chaose Wrote:  Some interesting video from Italy's pre-selection. Last years Eurovision participatant Blanco totally loses it live on air when his IEM malfunctions, trashing the stage...
youtu.be 

Can always rely on the Italian selection for chaos - I was disappointed their finals last year were so slick!

Was this not part of the performance though? I mean, the failing earpiece obviously wasn’t but I can’t imagine why they’d have the staging they did if it wasn’t there to be destroyed.

(08-02-2023, 09:19 PM)all new phil Wrote:  Was this not part of the performance though? I mean, the failing earpiece obviously wasn’t but I can’t imagine why they’d have the staging they did if it wasn’t there to be destroyed.

Judging by the reactions it wasn't part of the performance.

www.wantedinrome.com 

escbubble.com 

(08-02-2023, 09:19 PM)all new phil Wrote:  
(08-02-2023, 07:47 PM)chaose Wrote:  Some interesting video from Italy's pre-selection. Last years Eurovision participatant Blanco totally loses it live on air when his IEM malfunctions, trashing the stage...
youtu.be 

Can always rely on the Italian selection for chaos - I was disappointed their finals last year were so slick!

Was this not part of the performance though? I mean, the failing earpiece obviously wasn’t but I can’t imagine why they’d have the staging they did if it wasn’t there to be destroyed.

He was meant to kick a few of them and rehearsed it that way (and he does it in the music video too) but I doubt he was supposed to lob the wood they were attached to around.

eurovision.tv 

(22-02-2023, 10:09 AM)Happy2001 Wrote:  eurovision.tv 

Im not sure i like the idea of alternating commentators for the Grand Finale just to allow Graham to host that one show, It sounds a bit messy.

No mention of Radio 2 arrangements.

Well I didn't see any of that coming. Not sure why Graham won't be at the semis in any capacity.

Radio Merseyside doing its own commentary too!