Eurovision Song Contest 2023

No - difficult to disconnect the song and the situation last year but for that to happen two years running wouldn't be ideal and TBH I don't think it will. At the moment looks like it'll likely be back in Scandinavia next year.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brekkie's post:
  • UTVLifer

(08-03-2023, 08:58 PM)Onion Terror Wrote:  
(26-02-2023, 06:44 PM)gottago Wrote:  The official name remains the same because it's the long form name. A bit like how the official name of France is the French Republic, a lot of countries are like this. Introducing 'Czechia' is essentially correcting a long term error as almost all other languages already have shorter name for the country. It's still early days for the name and I'm sure it will grow in popularity as it becomes more normal.
Lest we forget FYROM/FYR Macedonia/North Macedonia...
Macedonia is an entirely different situation where you had a country and a neighbouring Greek region claiming to be called Macedonia. It lasted for many years until 2019.

Nobody else is claiming to be called the Czech Republic. It's the name of the country, there is no 'long term error' as far as the people of the that country are concerned.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Stuart's post:
  • UTVLifer

The set looks as though it's complete. Hopefully the stage area will look more interesting than this on the first Semi-Final.

[Image: Eurovision-23-Set.jpg]

The United Kingdom's entry will be performing last (song #26) in this year's contest. Hopefully near enough to the big "Europe, start voting now!" that our entry will be fresh in prospective voters' minds. A pretty good placement, I'd say, for Mae Muller. (Should also note, the joint-hosts, Ukraine, are performing as song #19.)
[-] The following 6 users Like DavidWhitfield's post:
  • DE88, DeMarkay, London Lite, Stuart, thePineapple, UTVLifer

That's going to be a great close to the show, I think top 10 should be a cert now, it's a great song that really sticks in your head.

It's suggested here that Graham and Hannah will be hosting the voting sequence but actually watching the Tonight Show clip they've taken it from it's possible she's just saying that because no one in the States would have a clue who the other two hosts are. eurovoix.com 

I think it’s a pretty strong indication that Graham will do the results. He managed to be very funny without insulting to the nations or competition at the Eurovision Dance contests.

Unfortunately Len and Craig from Strictly are talking all over it on the YouTube version linked to in that article, which I think was probably only a red button thing.

I presume the semi-finals will be on BBC One this year rather than BBC Three?

I've watched the videos for the 15 in the first semi-final, but of course they're not an indication of how they can perform on stage. A well produced video could even make me look and sound good . . . Confused

However, the stand-out is Sweden. They do have previous form in this respect, of course, and this woman has a powerful voice.

They are indeed on BBC One this year.
[-] The following 1 user Likes steve's post:
  • Stuart

(15-03-2023, 12:51 PM)Stuart Wrote:  However, the stand-out is Sweden. They do have previous form in this respect, of course, and this woman has a powerful voice.

One can only imagine the Euphoria she'll feel if she wins...
[-] The following 2 users Like DavidWhitfield's post:
  • DE88, Stuart

It will be interesting to see if Sweden will win as the last few years since they last won they have usually under performed compared to the pre contest odds and expectation for their entires.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Newshound47's post:
  • UTVLifer