Eurovision Song Contest 2023

The King and Queen Consort will visit the M&S Bank Area next week and amongst other things, reveal this year's staging

twitter.com 

The Greek broadcaster has included this snippet of the theme music at the end of a promo:

twitter.com 
[-] The following 2 users Like gottago's post:
  • ConorW2000, Edogawa Ranpo

Eurovision this year genuinely seems like it's going to be the best in a long time. And even though it's going to be costing the BBC a lot this year to 'rehabilitate' the contest with a UK audience, if it works well the contest should become something that people point at the BBC for as a good thing without costing a fortune!
[-] The following 5 users Like agentsquash's post:
  • ConorW2000, DeMarkay, Jeff, JosiahStuart, UTVLifer

More tickets released today - Ticketmaster looked like they had tweaked the system after the mess last time. I went for the Semi1 preview, and got tickets, but also the Grand Final rehearsal still had tickets and that was after being 2000th in the queue. Which makes me wonder where on earth all these tickets have come from, as there wasn't just a few.

(24-04-2023, 02:39 PM)IndigoTucker Wrote:  More tickets released today - Ticketmaster looked like they had tweaked the system after the mess last time. I went for the Semi1 preview, and got tickets, but also the Grand Final rehearsal still had tickets and that was after being 2000th in the queue. Which makes me wonder where on earth all these tickets have come from, as there wasn't just a few.

Although they may have appeared to have tickets it was most likely 'ghosts' - tickets you can't basket.

I was about 200 in the queue, but got an error when I got to the front was kicked out. Very frustrating!

I got to ticket selection for the final show after being in the queue, but each option led to a page saying there were none left.

(24-04-2023, 02:39 PM)IndigoTucker Wrote:  More tickets released today - Ticketmaster looked like they had tweaked the system after the mess last time. I went for the Semi1 preview, and got tickets, but also the Grand Final rehearsal still had tickets and that was after being 2000th in the queue. Which makes me wonder where on earth all these tickets have come from, as there wasn't just a few.

I expect a lot of them were from the Ukrainian refugee scheme which I'd be amazed if they sold many of. I think that originally had an allocation of 3000. I expect some tickets were previously not up for sale because they were in positions that may or may not have been required for the stage build or whatever. For example there were restricted view tickets this time which I don't remember being on sale last time so chances are they've only been able to put them up now.

As an aside it's incredible how far the contest has come from the early days of the semi finals where they would rarely sell out. Now people are fighting for, and missing out on, quite expensive rehearsal tickets for the semi finals.

I suspect there may also have been some returns from the OGAE (fan club) allocation.

We got tickets via this route a few weeks back, after everyone already in the initial ballot had been offered theirs, and indications were that some had ended up coming back unused from various branches of OGAE across Europe.

The stage is complete and ready to go before rehearsals start.
twitter.com 
[-] The following 2 users Like AxG's post:
  • Stuart, Tim G

(26-04-2023, 02:17 PM)AxG Wrote:  The stage is complete and ready to go before rehearsals start.
twitter.com 
I think you mean it's... good to go?

What does that say about a channel if it scares fish? Just talk me through that.
[-] The following 9 users Like Josh's post:
  • AxG, benzj, chrisdafur, DeMarkay, gottago, Happy2001, Jayesyn, Stuart, WhisperOfCinnamon