Eurovision Song Contest 2023

It looks amazing! I was very worried when I saw the arena size but they have managed to make it look huge.
[-] The following 5 users Like aaron_scotland's post:
  • DeMarkay, Earlie37, Edogawa Ranpo, Jeff, UTVLifer

The BBC are really setting an example for future hosts with their stellar organisation of the contest!
Also the stage in the flesh looks amazing!
[-] The following 2 users Like Edogawa Ranpo's post:
  • DeMarkay, UTVLifer

twitter.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes CATV's post:
  • UTVLifer

Full trailer
youtu.be 
[-] The following 2 users Like UTVLifer's post:
  • Happy2001, TJTSW

Ah so that's why that voiceover was used in the teaser.

Great ad! Certainly a step up from the bizarre and useless 'Backstreet's Back' ad in 2021.
[-] The following 3 users Like gottago's post:
  • DeMarkay, TJTSW, UTVLifer

(26-04-2023, 03:42 PM)Edogawa Ranpo Wrote:  The BBC are really setting an example for future hosts with their stellar organisation of the contest!
Also the stage in the flesh looks amazing!

They are, but to be fair in recent years I'd say most hosts have done a stellar job, especially when it comes to the TV presentation of the live show, it always looks amazing, so not necessarily the BBC's stardust doing its job.
[-] The following 2 users Like Alessi's post:
  • chrisdafur, Edogawa Ranpo

The EBU also have a big hand in the organisation and format of the shows, they don't let them go wrong (anymore).
[-] The following 3 users Like IndigoTucker's post:
  • Alessi, benzj, chrisdafur

(26-04-2023, 05:13 PM)UTVLifer Wrote:  Full trailer
youtu.be 

The re-filmed bit with the vox pop contributors is clever
[-] The following 2 users Like Alessi's post:
  • benzj, thePineapple

Does anyone think that the rail strikes will affect the Eurovision Final much with people trying to get to Liverpool? It seems the only operators operating into and around the City on the day of the final are now Transport for Wales (TfW) and Merseyrail.

(28-04-2023, 01:00 PM)Ballinagrappa Wrote:  Does anyone think that the rail strikes will affect the Eurovision Final much with people trying to get to Liverpool? It seems the only operators operating into and around the City on the day of the final are now Transport for Wales (TfW) and Merseyrail.

Even if it doesn't effect the actual final in the arena (which it absolutely will.. its wether people can quickly rearrange coach/taxis), I can see people who were planning on going into Liverpool to the fan zone to just have a party more locally with friends if theres no trains. A real shame really.
[-] The following 1 user Likes aaron_scotland's post:
  • UTVLifer