Eurovision Song Contest 2023

Reports that Catherine Tate will be the UK's jury spokesperson on Saturday.

What does that say about a channel if it scares fish? Just talk me through that.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Josh's post:
  • DeMarkay

I'm assuming that's in no way connected to the fact Doctor Who has been running trails with "Eurovision" buried in them?

(Tate is starring in the upcoming specials)

I have to say, we, the United Kingdom, have done an amazing job hosting the first semi-final of Eurovision 2023. This makes me proud to be British
[-] The following 6 users Like DeMarkay's post:
  • aaron_scotland, agentsquash, chaose, Edogawa Ranpo, Juicy Joe, Stuart

Fantastic show, Only criticisms for me, Scott and Rylan were a bit quiet over the show audio, and at times talked over each other which made it impossible to hear what was going on.

Surprised no one's mentioned the Paul o Grady cameo
[-] The following 4 users Like Stooky Bill's post:
  • ethanjbrady, Happy2001, Phil, Stuart

(09-05-2023, 09:43 PM)Josh Wrote:  
(09-05-2023, 09:06 PM)Stooky Bill Wrote:  It's part of the format, there's not much in terms of the structure of the show that the host broadcaster can change, just artistic stuff. It's the EBUs show

That said some ideas catch on and become regular features, like the flag parade

Also there is a different non commercial version of the show for those broadcasters who are ad free. The main feeds have sponsorship on the stings and graphics. If you have the app the splash screen of that gives an idea of the sponsorship
i.imgur.com 

Though amusingly, even in the UK the BBC doesn't get a sponsorship free feed as they just cover the logo with a blue square, you can tell as it isnt quite the same blue.

[Image: k3e9T7P.png]
[-] The following 2 users Like aaron_scotland's post:
  • Happy2001, Stuart

Did the Ireland entry have some sound problems?

Did feel like there wasn't much from Scott & Rylan tonight. Obviously no in vision interviews like they usually do (I presume they feel like they can't do those on BBC One?) but also the commentary is general just seemed quite flat/minimal compared to what even Graham does.
[-] The following 2 users Like Ash101's post:
  • aaron_scotland, chaose

Fantastic show. Hannah Waddingham proving to be an inspired choice of host.

Have to say I thought we heard a little too much of Scott and Rylan - there were times I’d rather have heard what the hosts were saying when they were talking over them. I don’t know why but it being hosted in the UK made that feel a little jarring.
[-] The following 6 users Like all new phil's post:
  • Alessi, Brekkie, DeMarkay, JosiahStuart, Nige, UTVLifer

(09-05-2023, 11:14 PM)all new phil Wrote:  Fantastic show. Hannah Waddingham proving to be an inspired choice of host.

Have to say I thought we heard a little too much of Scott and Rylan - there were times I’d rather have heard what the hosts were saying when they were talking over them. I don’t know why but it being hosted in the UK made that feel a little jarring.

Strikes me as very down to earth and warm.