Eurovision Song Contest 2023

Interestingly it seems the subtitles don’t work on the signed version, which seems a bit odd.

Possibly the most bizarre credit in Eurovision history

[Image: rwuyn3tv7bza1.png?width=1024&auto=webp&v...696b69c7bb]
[-] The following 7 users Like TIGHazard's post:
  • bilky asko, Former Member 406, Happy2001, ol1xie, Stuart, thomash79, UTVLifer

I have to say, I’m so proud of the BBC’s presentation of Eurovision 2023. The graphics, the set design, hosts and content: they’re already nipping at the heels of SVT Stockholm 2016, which IMHO is the gold standard of recent competitions and we haven’t even reached the grand final yet. Not to mention managing a Coronation, a Coronation concert and two live Eurovision semi finals in the space of six days. So far, job well done
[-] The following 3 users Like Digipal's post:
  • benzj, peter, thomash79

(11-05-2023, 06:14 PM)mcrdev Wrote:  Even the sat uplink kit was set up by middle of last week.

I'd have thought a big event like this would all be fibre maybe with satellite as a backup?

(11-05-2023, 10:18 PM)TIGHazard Wrote:  [Image: rwuyn3tv7bza1.png?width=1024&auto=webp&v...696b69c7bb]Possibly the most bizarre credit in Eurovision history
Was Boris Johnson there to greet her?
[-] The following 5 users Like James2001's post:
  • DJ Dave, ethanjbrady, Former Member 406, Happy2001, UTVLifer

(11-05-2023, 10:18 PM)TIGHazard Wrote:  Possibly the most bizarre credit in Eurovision history

Hmm, you'd think that credit would name the actor (either the person inside the suit if it was a stage costume, or the voice actor if she appeared in animated form), not basically say a fictional character was there as herself. Confused

Hardly unusual though, the likes of Roland Rat and Basil Brush have been credited as "themselves" on TV appearances for years.

(11-05-2023, 10:30 PM)Digipal Wrote:  I have to say, I’m so proud of the BBC’s presentation of Eurovision 2023. The graphics, the set design, hosts and content: they’re already nipping at the heels of SVT Stockholm 2016, which IMHO is the gold standard of recent competitions and we haven’t even reached the grand final yet. Not to mention managing a Coronation, a Coronation concert and two live Eurovision semi finals in the space of six days. So far, job well done

Agreed. Although I am hoping there is some level of wit or surprise injected into the final. It currently feels very proficiently 'safe'.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Alessi's post:
  • DeMarkay

(11-05-2023, 10:45 PM)James2001 Wrote:  
(11-05-2023, 10:18 PM)TIGHazard Wrote:  [Image: rwuyn3tv7bza1.png?width=1024&auto=webp&v...696b69c7bb]Possibly the most bizarre credit in Eurovision history
Was Boris Johnson there to greet her?

He was too busy having a Eurovision party.

(11-05-2023, 11:18 PM)JAS84 Wrote:  
(11-05-2023, 10:18 PM)TIGHazard Wrote:  Possibly the most bizarre credit in Eurovision history

Hmm, you'd think that credit would name the actor (either the person inside the suit if it was a stage costume, or the voice actor if she appeared in animated form), not basically say a fictional character was there as herself. Confused

I'm sure the runner who was inside the costume was name-checked elsewhere in the credits. Don't worry, it's just an innocent joke.

Surprisingly Luxembourg is going to return next year after a whopping 31 year absence. This comes after the possibility of a Monaco return via their new broadcaster. 

eurovision.tv 
[-] The following 3 users Like gottago's post:
  • ASnep, JosiahStuart, scottishtv