Eurovision Song Contest 2023

(12-05-2023, 08:14 PM)agentsquash Wrote:  
(12-05-2023, 03:51 PM)Happy2001 Wrote:  Host/Commentator.

There’s already three hosts though - Graham is great, but it does seem like throwing him in for the sake of it.

If he’s doing just the voting it means we may, as a UK audience, lose some of the best bits! Still, Mel has all the hallmarks of a good commentator…
Graham was funnier doing the voting on screen at the EDC than he is usually in commentary at ESC. So it shouldn’t be a problem.

Mel did do the BBC3 commentaries for a bit, and hosted the brief return of the selection show.

What is the history of the commentaty on BBC3/4 - I know Paddy O'Connell did it initially and I think Scott Mills has done it since 2011. Is that when they started using two commentators, with the likes of Mel, Sarah Cawood, Sara Cox and Ana Matronic over the years?

With having Dustin the Turkey and Peppa Pig, and it being Saturday Night, I just have this feeling Mr Blobby will appear and knock over the trophy or something.
[-] The following 1 user Likes TIGHazard's post:
  • ethanjbrady

(12-05-2023, 08:14 PM)agentsquash Wrote:  
(12-05-2023, 03:51 PM)Happy2001 Wrote:  Host/Commentator.

There’s already three hosts though - Graham is great, but it does seem like throwing him in for the sake of it.
He is the most well known of the three internationally though. Be a massive missed opportunity not to use him
[-] The following 1 user Likes Stooky Bill's post:
  • thomash79

BBC and the EBU getting a lot of backlash for not allowing Zelinksy to speak.

Snippet of the voting rehearsal:

twitter.com 

(12-05-2023, 10:28 PM)Newshound47 Wrote:  BBC and the EBU getting a lot of backlash for not allowing Zelinksy to speak.

Haven’t the BBC pointed out this was an EBU decision?
[-] The following 7 users Like agentsquash's post:
  • AJB39, bilky asko, CATV, ethanjbrady, Former Member 406, IanJRedman, Stuart

One of the interval acts is all about music from Liverpool, with one local singer making a special guest appearance. It's very good.
[-] The following 4 users Like Stooky Bill's post:
  • DeMarkay, Larry the Loafer, thomash79, UTVLifer

(13-05-2023, 05:56 AM)Stooky Bill Wrote:  One of the interval acts is all about music from Liverpool, with one local singer making a special guest appearance. It's very good.

I hear Ricky Tomlinson brought his banjo  Wink

(12-05-2023, 10:28 PM)Newshound47 Wrote:  BBC and the EBU getting a lot of backlash for not allowing Zelinksy to speak.

Only from politicians.   Most Eurovision fans think it's the right decision - and the more politicians argue it isn't the more it is the right decision.   After all many of these are the very same people who often think anyone who appears on the BBC ever should never have a "political" opinion.
[-] The following 3 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • chaose, DeMarkay, Jayesyn