Eurovision Song Contest 2023

I kind of figured the audience liked Cha Cha Cha, by the way the crowd inside was cheering for it. it did get the most public vote.
[-] The following 1 user Likes sky303's post:
  • DeMarkay

What a superb job the BBC have done tonight.

(14-05-2023, 12:05 AM)DeMarkay Wrote:  Not a single person in the arena seems happy for Sweden and rightly so. The song was terrible. Poor Finland.

Agreed. She hardly showed any appreciation during the jury votes as well - it was hard to watch.

Norway deserved so much better in the jury…

The sound mix messed us up I feel. You could hardly hear Mae. But her performance wasn’t as strong as the studio version.
[-] The following 2 users Like agentsquash's post:
  • AverageOrangeTurnip, DeMarkay

No point blaming the sound mix, Eurovision is first and foremost a television extravaganza. If its not sounding good on TV then somethings wrong.

Yeah, I would say that our song wasn’t a bad one. But the live performance was weak and that let us down.

I think, and last year is the proof of this, we need a stand-out superb song and singer to do really well with the juries, as Sam did last year. As I do think that the ‘European familiarity’ of other musical styles counts against us in the voting. We were just as good as some of the songs that scored above us, but we have to do better to ‘punch through’. And I’m not saying that our song should have won but it wasn’t as bad as bottom two. I mean, those dirges from Portugal and Spain…?!
[-] The following 4 users Like madmusician's post:
  • Kojak, Reith85, thePineapple, thomash79

Really enjoyed Mel's commentary this year. Maybe this is a test run for when Graham decides to leave?

What does that say about a channel if it scares fish? Just talk me through that.
[-] The following 2 users Like Josh's post:
  • AverageOrangeTurnip, thePineapple

(14-05-2023, 12:13 AM)Josh Wrote:  Really enjoyed Mel's commentary this year. Maybe this is a test run for when Graham decides to leave?

I hope not!
[-] The following 3 users Like cable's post:
  • ethanjbrady, MLehon, Telefunken

Well done to the BBC's production team, they got to do a show. Next year, it's SVT's turn
[-] The following 4 users Like sky303's post:
  • DeMarkay, ethanjbrady, Reith85, UTVLifer

I did like on the big long list of end credits.

Green Room Talent

Talent Jan Leeming

(14-05-2023, 12:14 AM)cable Wrote:  
(14-05-2023, 12:13 AM)Josh Wrote:  Really enjoyed Mel's commentary this year. Maybe this is a test run for when Graham decides to leave?

I hope not!

I don't normally mind Mel but I must admit I was willing her to zip at at some points.
[-] The following 2 users Like Alf Stewart's post:
  • MLehon, scottishtv