Eurovision Song Contest 2023

If Petra Mede and Måns Zelmerlöw are returning then that’s fine. If not, I won’t be watching.
[-] The following 3 users Like DeMarkay's post:
  • Alf Stewart, Stuart, UTVLifer

(14-05-2023, 12:13 AM)Josh Wrote:  Really enjoyed Mel's commentary this year. Maybe this is a test run for when Graham decides to leave?

Confused  The art of commentary is knowing when to not talk I find.
[-] The following 6 users Like eyeTV's post:
  • aaron_scotland, Alf Stewart, CATV, ethanjbrady, Jeff, Telefunken

Well done, BBC Studios - even if it was a case of back to mediocrity for the UK entry, the show itself was a triumph.
[-] The following 2 users Like Reith85's post:
  • AverageOrangeTurnip, JasonB

(14-05-2023, 12:16 AM)DeMarkay Wrote:  If Petra Mede and Måns Zelmerlöw are returning then that’s fine. If not, I won’t be watching.
Why? Maybe they’ll find someone just as good or even better than Petra, they wouldn’t be presenting it had Sweden not won either and I doubt you’d have said the same thing. I believe she works for a rival channel in Sweden so it’s unlikely she’ll be back and they’ll probably want to try something else.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jon's post:
  • London Lite

(14-05-2023, 12:13 AM)Josh Wrote:  Really enjoyed Mel's commentary this year. Maybe this is a test run for when Graham decides to leave?

I hope not, there was far too many low level musings over the top of everyone
[-] The following 2 users Like Andrew's post:
  • aaron_scotland, Alf Stewart

(14-05-2023, 12:20 AM)Andrew Wrote:  

I hope not, there was far too many low level musings over the top of everyone
To be fair, if she got the job full time I’m sure she’s be able to adapt based on feedback.

(14-05-2023, 12:08 AM)Omnipresent Wrote:  What a superb job the BBC have done tonight.
Indeed. It’s been fantastic, and flawless.
[-] The following 3 users Like Scrotnig's post:
  • AverageOrangeTurnip, DeMarkay, Juicy Joe

(14-05-2023, 12:18 AM)Jon Wrote:  
(14-05-2023, 12:16 AM)DeMarkay Wrote:  If Petra Mede and Måns Zelmerlöw are returning then that’s fine. If not, I won’t be watching.
Why? Maybe they’ll find someone just as good or even better than Petra, they wouldn’t be presenting it had Sweden not won either and I doubt you’d have said the same thing. I believe she works for a rival channel in Sweden so it’s unlikely she’ll be back and they’ll probably want to try something else.

I’m very aware that they wouldn’t be hosting it if Sweden didn’t win. Not sure what implied that.

You know that people can have personal preferences right? Plus, they are Eurovision’s most popular hosts.

11/10 presentation wise for the three shows this week. The casting of Hannah Waddingham especially has been a particular highlight, while Alesha Dixon's "raps" while awful were pure Eurovision which you'd expect from any of the European hosts of the past for cheese.

The Ukrainian presenter Julia Sanina was also an inspired choice among the British presenters.

Mel I'm 50/50 on, her comedy milking will be a meme, but her commentary was dire.
[-] The following 4 users Like London Lite's post:
  • DeMarkay, GMc, Jeff, UTVLifer

Yes, I did enjoy Hannah Waddingham presenting.

imagining her in a habit marching Mel out of the commentary booth shouting Shame! Shame! Shame! GoT style.
[-] The following 7 users Like cable's post:
  • Alf Stewart, DeMarkay, Happy2001, Kojak, London Lite, thomash79, UTVLifer