BBC/ITV/Sky Elections Coverage

(24-06-2024, 06:35 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  It really doesn't need the thunderclaps and the pips.

It really does. Much much better for them and the way he’s worked them in (this isn’t new he did it for the last general election too) is really quite clever.

It’s a BBC News programme so it’s better with some elements of their music.

Volunteering. It's #GoodForYou!
[-] The following 3 users Like Moz's post:
  • AndrewP, Michael Wotton, Reith85

I hope the dramatic opening titles/music can match what they will have as their studio design.

IS this correct, ITV has taken BOTH Euro cup games for the 5th July at 4pm and 7.30pm Thus allowing BBC 1 to have Wimbledon on from 4pm - 9pm expect for the news.

Going back to that BBC Promo
(20-06-2024, 10:52 PM)scottishtv Wrote:  A nice little promo appeared a couple of days ago: youtu.be 

That clip is 50 second long, yet Since it first broadcast Last Thursday its seems only a 30 second version has appeared. Did someone cut it right back to make it fit better?

Compared to 2019 it really does feel flat and bland and 2019 wasn't that best either, What is really odd is there is NO BBC election logo on it either.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Milkshake's post:
  • chrisherald

(26-06-2024, 02:27 PM)Milkshake Wrote:  IS this correct, ITV has taken BOTH Euro cup games for the 5th July at 4pm and 7.30pm Thus allowing BBC 1 to have Wimbledon on from 4pm - 9pm expect for the news.

Unless there's been an agreement for scheduling reasons, there's no way that the QF picks have been made yet?

It would make sense for the BBC to do that though, means they can go open-ended with their news coverage on Friday if they need to without affecting anything else. Wimbledon is scheduled on BBC Two anyway.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dvboy's post:
  • chrisherald

(26-06-2024, 02:27 PM)Milkshake Wrote:  IS this correct, ITV has taken BOTH Euro cup games for the 5th July at 4pm and 7.30pm Thus allowing BBC 1 to have Wimbledon on from 4pm - 9pm expect for the news.

I saw this schedule for Friday 5th July & thought surely they'll only have 1 of the football games?

06:00 Good Morning Britain
09:25 Election 2024 Live: The Results
15:30 ITV News London
16:00 Live UEFA Euro 2024
19:15 Live UEFA Euro 2024
22:30 ITV News
23:00 ITV News London
23:15 Stick to Football

Must be one of the smallest schedules for a main channel / fewest shows aired in a day?
[-] The following 2 users Like Ash101's post:
  • AndrewP, chrisherald

The knockout fixtures aren't decided yet - BBC have 1st and 3rd pick for the Quarter Finals and they don't have to be on different days. Whether the sports team get the sole decision on that or if they gave to factor in requests not to dusrupt the news etc. I'm not sure - TBH suspect if they avoid early Friday slot it's likely more about the Wimbledon coverage than the election.

England would play in the early slot on Saturday. Usually I'd suspect ITV would then pick a primetime game but Friday 5pm could be Germany v Spain which I think outside of England would be the first choice.

Presumably the printed guides still have the Schedule A/B listings whilst online guides will just flag one possibility then update when the final schedule is known.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brekkie's post:
  • chrisherald

Online guides/EPGs can’t cope with alternative schedules, so just put one in as a placeholder

I’ve seen the day they’ve put all the football on both channels, and people on online forums have run away with the idea that the football is being simulcast, which it obviously isn’t.

Back to the election results and although there is often focus on the first constituency to declare does anywhere have the reputation of being last?

(26-06-2024, 04:46 PM)Ash101 Wrote:  I saw this schedule for Friday 5th July & thought surely they'll only have 1 of the football games?

06:00 Good Morning Britain
09:25 Election 2024 Live: The Results
15:30 ITV News London
16:00 Live UEFA Euro 2024
19:15 Live UEFA Euro 2024
22:30 ITV News
23:00 ITV News London
23:15 Stick to Football

Must be one of the smallest schedules for a main channel / fewest shows aired in a day?

19th September 2022 is a candidate for that record...
www.bbc.co.uk 
[-] The following 2 users Like Stooky Bill's post:
  • Bungo Bill, chrisherald

(26-06-2024, 05:26 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Back to the election results and although there is often focus on the first constituency to declare does anywhere have the reputation of being last?

In 2019 [edit - and also in 2015], it was St Ives, because they had to get the Isles of Scilly ballots to the largest island, which was delayed by bad weather. In 2017, it was Kensington due to recounts. Not sure about any reputations though.
[-] The following 3 users Like thePineapple's post:
  • AndrewP, Brekkie, chrisherald