BBC/ITV/Sky Elections Coverage

(26-06-2024, 05:26 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Back to the election results and although there is often focus on the first constituency to declare does anywhere have the reputation of being last?

2015 and 2019 the last was 2:52pm in St Ives. 2019 due to delay in flying the boxes from Scilly
[-] The following 1 user Likes mccanmat's post:
  • Brekkie

(26-06-2024, 05:26 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Back to the election results and although there is often focus on the first constituency to declare does anywhere have the reputation of being last?
The constituencies in Northern Ireland are all some of the latest because they've always counted on the Friday rather than overnight.

The last constituency to declare is usually one for which there's been more than one recount or some other issue
[-] The following 1 user Likes Stooky Bill's post:
  • thePineapple

Northern Ireland has been counting overnight in general elections since 2010 - and are usually all wrapped up by 6am so the last to declare isn’t there Smile
[-] The following 7 users Like peterrocket's post:
  • AndrewP, Brekkie, lookoutwales, Stooky Bill, thePineapple, thomash79, UTVLifer

Yes, thought NI used to count on Fridays but had since switched to overnight.

Seems to be very little interest in tonights head to head debate - it's quite a way down the headlines on most sites. From a pres point of view perhaps the most interesting thing is Clive and Laura's election night partnership is being tested in a follow up to the debate at 9.30pm.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brekkie's post:
  • chrisherald

(26-06-2024, 05:54 PM)peterrocket Wrote:  Northern Ireland has been counting overnight in general elections since 2010 - and are usually all wrapped up by 6am so the last to declare isn’t there Smile
Oh, thanks for that, the last few elections I've not watched the coverage the next day sonnot noticed

What was the reason they did them on the Friday, security?

Anyway, here's a list of estimated declaration times. If it all goes according to the list they'll be wrapped up by 7am. I can understand why some of the Scottish ones are near the end, but not why the two Ilfords are last

uk.news.yahoo.com 
[-] The following 2 users Like Stooky Bill's post:
  • Bungo Bill, chrisherald

(26-06-2024, 07:11 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Yes, thought NI used to count on Fridays but had since switched to overnight.

Seems to be very little interest in tonights head to head debate - it's quite a way down the headlines on most sites. From a pres point of view perhaps the most interesting thing is Clive and Laura's election night partnership is being tested in a follow up to the debate at 9.30pm.

Yes the BBC are doing their best to big it up, presenting the ‘Six’ from the location and Chris Mason suggesting these debates are a major moment ‘in front of millions’

I think what with it being the 400th debate this month, up against Euros action, I think it might struggle
[-] The following 5 users Like Andrew's post:
  • AndrewP, Brekkie, chrisherald, GMc, Transmission

Seems to be somebody shouting in the background of the BBC Prime Minister Election Debate from Nottingham University? Someone on a megaphone or something happening outside/protesters? Not sure?
[-] The following 6 users Like Juicy Joe's post:
  • AndrewP, Ash101, chrisherald, HTVbest, Reith85, SuperSajuuk

(26-06-2024, 08:21 PM)Juicy Joe Wrote:  Seems to be somebody shouting in the background of the BBC Prime Minister Election Debate from Nottingham University? Someone on a megaphone or something happening outside/protesters? Not sure?

Yes, if they don’t sort it out I’m going to have to switch off. Makes it hard to focus on what is being said
[-] The following 2 users Like Ash101's post:
  • HTVbest, UTVLifer

(26-06-2024, 08:21 PM)Juicy Joe Wrote:  Seems to be somebody shouting in the background of the BBC Prime Minister Election Debate from Nottingham University? Someone on a megaphone or something happening outside/protesters? Not sure?

On a wide shot earlier, which they’ve now stopped showing, I think I saw some Palestine flags outside

Would have been better doing it in a TV studio
[-] The following 1 user Likes Andrew's post:
  • UTVLifer

Hecklers? Protestors? It is actually making me anxious watching this...

You would have thought they would have considered this or stopped this from happening.