BBC/ITV/Sky Elections Coverage

(29-06-2024, 12:22 AM)Andrew Wrote:  It goes right through with a just gap for the “One”

Jon Kay does seem like an unusual choice, but I suppose it has come about due to how short staffed the network team is these days and that they no longer have a ‘Dimbleby’ person and it’s all sourced from the regular bulletins team.

Unless as part of the new world of BBC News, the Friday part is coming from Salford

I think it makes a lot of sense to have at least one face from the BBC Breakfast team hosting in the morning. I’m sure this isn’t the first time they’ve done this either.
[-] The following 3 users Like Spencer's post:
  • AndrewP, Brekkie, chrisherald

(29-06-2024, 08:23 AM)Spencer Wrote:  I think it makes a lot of sense to have at least one face from the BBC Breakfast team hosting in the morning. I’m sure this isn’t the first time they’ve done this either.

2010 had Jon Sopel and Sian Williams.
[-] The following 3 users Like chris's post:
  • AndrewP, Spencer, TIGHazard

(29-06-2024, 01:21 AM)RhysJR Wrote:  Are we getting something like that being set up on College Green this year

Yes we are.. I past College Green the other day and took some photos: www.tvnewsroom.org 
[-] The following 6 users Like Johnnie's post:
  • AndrewP, chrisherald, matthieu1221, Michael Wotton, RhysJR, thePineapple

It’s very interesting to hear Laura K saying on today’s Newscast about the mechanics/logisitics of July 5th that “essentially we’re likely to see a transfer of power if there is a transfer, or a confirmation of power if there’s a miracle for the Tories, around mid-morning on Friday. Then they get on with appointing the cabinet”

The AP’s declaration times guide says that Sunak’s Richmond & Northallerton will be declaring around 4am, but of course he’d need to return to London and likely pay a visit to CCHQ before returning to No.10
[-] The following 2 users Like UTVLifer's post:
  • AndrewP, chrisherald

He'll just hop in a helicopter like he always does, and he'll be there before 6am.
[-] The following 1 user Likes James2001's post:
  • UTVLifer

Has ITV got their election night promo out?

BBC 1 - all 3. Channel 4, - which doesn't have a date but has added "th" to the ch4 logo to make it clear its the 4th, and Sky have thier promos out.

[-] The following 2 users Like Milkshake's post:
  • AndrewP, octothorpe

(29-06-2024, 08:36 AM)chris Wrote:  2010 had Jon Sopel and Sian Williams.

I mentioned it earlier in the thread. It appears that on the day itself it was scheduled as 'Election Breakfast' (and branded as Election 2010 Breakfast on air)

www.bbc.co.uk 

But on the BBC Parliament repeat, it was just included as the show running from 21:55 to 09:00

www.bbc.co.uk 

(speaking of 1955, 1959, 1966, 1979 and 1997 are permanent on iPlayer. If the rest are all archived and digitised, I don't know why they don't just make them all available anyway.)
[-] The following 2 users Like TIGHazard's post:
  • AndrewP, chrisherald

(29-06-2024, 12:22 AM)Andrew Wrote:  It goes right through with a just gap for the “One”

Jon Kay does seem like an unusual choice, but I suppose it has come about due to how short staffed the network team is these days and that they no longer have a ‘Dimbleby’ person and it’s all sourced from the regular bulletins team.

Unless as part of the new world of BBC News, the Friday part is coming from Salford

Actually probably a benefit the One has a seperate production team in Salford to produce the bulletin, though I guess it'll be anchored on location in Westminster or Downing Street.

(28-06-2024, 09:48 PM)VMPhil Wrote:  1992 for me has the best theme tune and opening sequence. Absolutely the best version of “Arthur” for me. Particularly the bit about 18 to 28 seconds in:

youtu.be 

One of my favorites too (despite preferring the 2010 theme!). There's just something so great about it paying tribute to the behind the scenes crew on election day on that one in particular.

The studio too... must've been fantastic to see in 1992 (and it still holds up today!), same with the 2001 one.
[-] The following 1 user Likes matthieu1221's post:
  • chrisherald

Have we already seen this shot of the studio from the Election night promo?

up.metropol247.co.uk 
Web Image

[-] The following 2 users Like harryb's post:
  • Reith85, UTVLifer