BBC/ITV/Sky Elections Coverage

Yes yesterday on page 117: pres.cafe 

Its the ITV one that hasn't been spotted yet.

(29-06-2024, 08:36 AM)chris Wrote:  2010 had Jon Sopel and Sian Williams.

That wasn't even breakfast, David Dimbleby was on through until 9am, then Jon and Sian took over at 9 until David was back at 11.

(29-06-2024, 06:02 PM)James2001 Wrote:  That wasn't even breakfast, David Dimbleby was on through until 9am, then Jon and Sian took over at 9 until David was back at 11.

It was meant to be Breakfast but due to the result in 2010 Breakfast was delayed a bit. They even changed the video walls to the Breakfast background for that segment. I am also not sure if it was a full 2 hours.

Another look at Studio B at BBC NBH on tonight's late news promoting Laura's programme in the morning.

up.metropol247.co.uk 
Web Image

[-] The following 6 users Like harryb's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, Reith85, RhysJR, UTVLifer

(29-06-2024, 09:58 PM)harryb Wrote:  Another look at Studio B at BBC NBH on tonight's late news promoting Laura's programme in the morning.

up.metropol247.co.uk 

I don't mind it in its normal guise, but that looks so much better with th purple and the plenty of the other colours in the background.
[-] The following 6 users Like RhysJR's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, Jayesyn, UTVLifer, xlalonce

B looks a thousand times better for having the fake workstations up on that top level. I think it’s why it looks so much like a warehouse normally because it usually just walls.

Just a ident loving pres.fan from the East of England 
All spelling mistakes are my own #Dyslexic@Keyboard 
[-] The following 6 users Like ViridianFan's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, Hadrien, Jayesyn, xlalonce

(29-06-2024, 10:26 PM)ViridianFan Wrote:  B looks a thousand times better for having the fake workstations up on that top level. I think it’s why it looks so much like a warehouse normally because it usually just walls.
Basically, what's needed is a dash of colour and a bit of 'activity', otherwise it does, as you say, just end up looking like a sterile news warehouse. It's a bit like the old TC7 Barco set in that respect - what exists is a not particularly exciting base; it will look best when you find ways to meaningfully enhance it (as Newsnight, Working Lunch, Marr were better at). Leaving in borderline default mode, as Breakfast and the Six used to do with TC7, doesn't end up showing the space off in its best light.
[-] The following 3 users Like DTV's post:
  • AndrewP, chrisherald, ViridianFan

That's a good point - I much preferred the original Barco set with the skyline backdrops than when they switched it out for a grey view of the news room.
[-] The following 2 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • chrisherald, ViridianFan

(29-06-2024, 08:46 AM)Johnnie Wrote:  Yes we are.. I past College Green the other day and took some photos: www.tvnewsroom.org 

Are Sky building a studio at College Green as well or are they solely going to be using the MNF studio?

Not wanting to delve too much into the politics, but it appears that Farage & Reform have been throwing their toys out of the pram in recent days relating to media coverage.

Complaints over Channel 4 News' undercover investigation, and the audience for Friday's Question Time leaders special. Reportedly now refusing to appear on Laura K's programme until 'the BBC apologise' (definitely not avoiding another mildly tough interview).

As far as I'm aware the Question Time audiences have been independently appointed to be a mix of voters. I think I've found the two sets of QT specials to be more interesting than the leader/party debates, due to directly involving members of the public.

Ref: news.sky.com 

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Keith's post:
  • chrisherald